Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom DSL account dos problem

Options
  • 10-12-2005 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I have either got a very stupid script kiddie or a zombie PC attempting to use our mail server as a mail relay.

The server rejects mail relay attempts anyway, but with 6-8 thousand attempts per day its causing issues with logs etc.

I have the firewall dropping packets from the Ip so the mail server is happy but its still hogging bandwidth on our bb line.

I have contacted eircom through their abuse email and the silly online form.

They came back to me on thursday looking for more info and I havent heard since.

Does anyone know of a contact telephone number for eircom abuse complaints or who to escalate this to.

Its starting to get very annoying, our firewall logs are being polluted by this clown.

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Is the IP static? If you haven't heard this from anyone else and it seems to be singled out to your connection I'd guess that maybe one of your local computers is infected with something that found your mail server address from some email client config and is trying to relay it.

Do you know if the IP is internal or not?

Also curious as to what it's trying to send?

Advertisement