Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is our current political climate still based on our Civil War

Options
  • 09-12-2005 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I see this as a spin-off debate on the DeV versus Collins debate that's been fizzling for some time.

I contend that many people in our modern, vibrant Ireland, largely vote in elections for the same side their parents and grandparents voted for, and who ultimately their family backed in the Civil War.

and......Debate! (please, I need something to read and hopefully scoff at)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

I'd have to agree! To me FF and FG are actually broadly speaking similar in policy terms. As one person put it to me the only difference is that when FF swing to the right FG swing to the left :P

We have both of them as a result of the civil war, so in that way it certainly still impinges on Irish society in a major way.

Advertisement