Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Web Designer

Options
  • 09-12-2005 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey all! I am designing a website www.gamexchange.ie and at the moment I am in a rut trying to get the posting sections of all the game consoles sectons working. Is any web designer interested in giving me a hand designing the rest of the site please e-mail me a kitcaths@gmail.com . I will pay for the work to be done but remember i am a student and i know web design is expensive so i can't really afford expensive designers. Thank you very much. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

How much you offer to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

kitcaths wrote:
    i know web design is expensive

In this day and age, it really, really shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

rsynnott wrote:
    Quiet you!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

rsynnott wrote:
    Web designers are a dime-a-dozen; good, and I mean really good web designers are worth every penny you pay them, imo. Though I think the people I'm talking about would be better described as web developers, rather than designers.

Any fifteen year old with a warez copy of photoshop/imageready(?) can be a "web designer".

CuLT wrote:
    Web designers are a dime-a-dozen; good, and I mean really good web designers are worth every penny you pay them, imo. Though I think the people I'm talking about would be better described as web developers, rather than designers.

Any fifteen year old with a warez copy of photoshop/imageready(?) can be a "web designer".

Indeed. In practice, however, there are very, very few of those indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Hey all, not to be too picky, but... just to remind everybody that there is a real difference between web 'developer' and web 'designer'. Design is much more than putting a website together. That's called 'development'. Design involves many more complex issues (eg: readability, navigation, information architecture) that only qualified designers should be (well-) paid to do.

Bottom line, 'design' is something that takes individual talent and skill. And these do not come as pre-installed filters in Photoshop. ;)

BTW, good luck with the website, sounds interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CuLT wrote:

Indeed. Hiring a web designer is like hiring an architect. Asking your mate who's made a couple of mediocre sites is like asking your mate who took LC Technical Drawing to design you a house.

Well, not quite. Collapsing websites rarely kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, but they take your soul :)

I probably shouldn't read this forum - I don't do much except thread-spoil, and occasionally scream about SQL injection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 kitcaths

Thanks everyone for commmenting. 18 years late :-D, I gave the site a shot with a developer who half created it but with college and expenses it never got further. Lost the domain gamexchange.ie so didnt take it back up.

Thinking about it now I still firmly believe it could have went somewhere for some time at least and help others unable to afford to trade in or buy new games. Swapping was a answer :-)

Advertisement