Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rule needed for disconnects

Options
  • 09-12-2005 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

If a player disconnects in the second half the two players involved should have a 5 minute rematch starting with the same score...i was winning 1-0 last night and got disconnected on 55 minutes, we restarted from the beginning at 0-0 and i lost the match 1-0 - in the future in this scenario i think there should have been a 5 minute rematch with me 1-0 up from the off instead of a 10 minute rematch at 0-0...

thoughts/opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

TBH think the player who disconnects should lose 3-0, its how the game shows it so should prob stick with that. Fatique would set in durin match so if replay it after then sure could pick good team that has low endurance/stamina & disconnect half way through :p

Should be goin screenshots all the way for scores. Pity couldnt set league up & have 1 person enterin all results so are correct. Post screenies till them & they do results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Berns wrote:
    TBH think the player who disconnects should lose 3-0, its how the game shows it so should prob stick with that. Fatique would set in durin match so if replay it after then sure could pick good team that has low endurance/stamina & disconnect half way through :p

Should be goin screenshots all the way for scores. Pity couldnt set league up & have 1 person enterin all results so are correct. Post screenies till them & they do results :)

Thats a silly rule. If youre winning 5-0 in the 80th minute and you disconnect you think you deserve a 3-0 defeat ?

Its set like that in pro evo 5 to discourage people who are losing to just disconnect and quit the match. However, in this league, we all know each other and noone is going to do this!

It should be - if you are winning or drawing when you disconnect, rematch. If i happenes again, tough luck. You have to take it as a defeat.
    Berns wrote:
    Fatique would set in durin match so if replay it after then sure could pick good team that has low endurance/stamina & disconnect half way through :p

oh come on. Give people more credit than that, WHO is going to bother doing that ? And what whole teams have bad edurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Just tryin to make a point :-) Honestly though think its fair way it is. Rematch if disconnected & winnin.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah if you disconnect, tough cookies really. I know if my connection kept disconnecting, I wouldn't bother playing in the league anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cheesedude wrote:
    Yeah if you disconnect, tough cookies really. I know if my connection kept disconnecting, I wouldn't bother playing in the league anyway.

why ? I disconnect one in every five games even though I pay for a 2mb connection. Why shouldnt I play in the league ? Ive disconnected once so far in the league and the person had no problem replaying me. I thought that was half the point in playing in a private community league, so people arent gonna be **** to each other. It only takes 10 minutes to rematch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well fair enough then I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The disconnect rule is there as a guide to solving disputes, ie you agreee to play and get disconnected you lose 3-0 if both players agree to replay so be it.

So far its been sorted between the players and thats the best way tbh but a quick 5 minute match to test connection is always an option.

kdjac

Advertisement