Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Producers (2005)

Options
  • 08-12-2005 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Who else can't wait for this film? It's going to be fantastic, especially with Will Ferrell as Franz Liebkind:D
    I saw the West End production of the musical and I loved it, stayed in the same vein as the original and translated very well on-stage.

Lets just hope that the movie of the musical of the movie of the musical "Springtime for Hitler" works out!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395251/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

This scares the living hell out of me. I saw the trailer recently and it really did put the fear of God in me. I loved the original so much and it still makes me laugh, and to see it done in that awful, awful way just makes me lose faith completely. Honestly, the whole thing looked like a bunch of really funny jokes put through a chinese whisper machine and coming out flat on the other end.

Looks like it's going to be only good for people who have seen the stage show, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I loved the original movie.

I have absolutely no intention of seeing this. I refuse to spend $14 to see another god-damned remake. And that includes King Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its not a remake..

[note: Sarcasm]

its *takes deep breath*

A 2005 Movie Musical Adaptation of a 2001 stage musical which is the stage adaptation of a Movie Musical from the 1960's

Sheesh do you know anything???

I find the attempts to hide any mention of remake in the advertising, imdb forums and interviews quite entertaining.
    Disapointed LSD wont be in it. They cut him from the musical as the sixties were over, gave the secratery a bigger part and made Hitler Gay instead of a hippie...*sigh* But the plot is better developed and springtime for hitler is somewhere around 7 minutes long.

Loved the original, I enjoyed the stage musical despite those damn uncomfortable seats (in Broadway), but the only thing that makes me interested in this film is Matthew Broderwick, i think he'll play his part well (not as good as gene wilder though) Not excited by Will Ferrell, he's too all smiles and springy. The Nazi character is meant to be this stereotypical nazi German trying to be *musical*rather then a musical nazi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

I really can't wait to see this movie, I saw the trailer for it the other day and it looks so mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    despite those damn uncomfortable seats
    Damn, those seats were uncomfortable.

I don't like the look of all this. it looks too much like a play on a screen. I don't think it's gonna transfer well. Some of the scenes in the play you can just tell don't suit this medium. I do think that Will Ferrell will be good though. I usually like Mattew Broderick but I don't think he's gonna shine in this film. Anyway, we'll wait and see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement