Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG, I've got a clawhammer!?

Options
  • 08-12-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭

I've had my current cpu for about 6months now and I've always thought it was an Amd 3500+ Winchester.
    Its wierd cos I only just realised last night that it was a clawhammer according to cpu-z but I'm almost certain it used to say Winchester??
    I wonder if its possible for cpu-z to display incorrect details, I'll have to go home and find the box ;) .
    Will this make any difference to my overclocking plans(I had always thought it was winchester and I'd heard good things about there oc ability).

PIC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Looks like a Claw alright (130 nanometre). Generally does clock higher alright, but generates more heat too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Hahaha, good luck overclocking the clawhammer by any decent amount. My mate has a Claw 3500+, XP-120 heatsink, 50 CFM fan. Can't get about 2.45 ghz (250 mhz increas) without it cacking it from heat. Those chips are friggin ovens. My winchester 3000+ (1.8ghz) is a lot cooler when fully overclocked to 2.38ghz than his clawhammer is at stock (2.2ghz).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

if it is an old version of cpu-z it will only show clawhammer.
    Happened with my new fx55 until i used the latest version, then it showed san-diego core

is it the latest version of cpu-z???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yea just checking my box and I actually do have a Clawhammer. I was so convinced I had a Winchester core :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Hahaha, well done there Al!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

gline wrote:
    if it is an old version of cpu-z it will only show clawhammer.
    Happened with my new fx55 until i used the latest version, then it showed san-diego core

is it the latest version of cpu-z???

Yea its 1.31, the most up to date I could find.
    Feyla wrote:
    Hahaha, well done there Al!

Quiet you!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ok, I'll just go play with my real Winchester!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Winchesters suck too, Venice is where it's at for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Winchesters suck too, Venice is where it's at for sure.

yeh thats true, either venice or SD core are the sh*t :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Aye, I love my Venice too, great chips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement