Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keepers

Options
  • 08-12-2005 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Years ago All I wanted was a keeper they were sooooo cool did anyone else have one? i had an orange one called tango and they used to have a little creature with them it looked like a big berry thing ;-)

later they had a swan and a horse etc but they werent as cool as the original ones there was a blue one and an orange and a pink!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

I had a really cool blue one, with pink and blue hair!! They were deadly..I loved mine! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I only had a crappy baby one - cheapskate parents!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I do remember them... but I didn't have one... as I was never a little girl unfortunetly.

Some going on eBay right here
    96_1_b.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

oh no monkey fudge dont feed my ebay addiction!! I bought loads of my little ponies, care bears and thundercats stuf last time I had an ebay episode. oh, and te entire full series of she-ra on vhs by some nice english guy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

oh no monkey fudge dont feed my ebay addiction!! I bought loads of my little ponies, care bears and thundercats stuf last time I had an ebay episode. oh, and te entire full series of she-ra on vhs by some nice english guy
    Ah yes... it is a dangerous thing... I bought loads of Strawberry Shortcake stuff for my last girlfriend on eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

They look way smaller than the one I had...do their backs open up and stuff, the yellow one looks more like it alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah yes... it is a dangerous thing... I bought loads of Strawberry Shortcake stuff for my last girlfriend on eBay.
    For your girlfriend?! We believe ya :rolleyes: :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

oh my god that picture has just brought back so many memories-all my mates had them and i remember i really wanted one to!
    Did u have polly pocket over here too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Someone gave me a yellow on for Christmas one year but I gave it to my cousin as I thought it was creepy looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

I had the pink snail Keeper in Monkeyfudge's picture. Umm.... still do (ahem.....)

• Advertisement

yeah we had polly pocket too they came along a bit later cos my little sis had them they were cool but not as good as the keepers and my little pony ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I remember the music for the ad for keepers too! My sis, who is now 21 used to have one. Can anyone remember a little cuddly dog with pink paws called Poochie? :o My memories of the 80s are frighteningly strong!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I wanted a keeper so much when I was young, I eventually saved up enough money to buy one but when my mum brought me into town to get one she managed to persuade me to buy a huge pink teddy bear instead. :(

Jeepers creepers, what's inside those keepers........and so on.

oh my god cant believe anyone else remembers Poochie!!! I had one pink and white I was obsessed with it it came everywhere with me I had it fior years it was in bits cos my mam had to wash him so often I think she eventually had to get rid of him co he was faling apart and I was gutted he was my best friend when I was little

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yep I have a pink/purple duck keeper, sitting on my shelf beside my yellow strawberry shortcake (who's hair still smells yummy!!!)
    Was always jealous of my friend who had the big horse keeper whose saddle opened up and you could lock it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oh my ears are pink and my paws are too......
    poochie.jpg
    http://dreamfollow.com/lilypad/poochie.html
    I remember poochie damned anoying my sister got one she still has it.
    there were also charmkins
    http://dreamfollow.com/lilypad/charmkins.html

My keeper Joyful the bunny got passed on to my daughter.

i want one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

ok i am 25 and i havent the slightest clue what ye are on about! those keepers dont even look familiar, i wonder have i lived in a world of my own or what. i do remember, polly pocket, care bears, my little pony etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

This is sucha girly Thread :p

but yeah i remember all the ads myself :o

Advertisement