Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Das Experiment . . . anyone seen it?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, I've seen it, and yes, I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Why.. when i saw that title... did it just remind me of the "Daz Doorstep Challenge"? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

You should try and watch the original Stanford Prison Experiment. Crazy shizzle. Real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

djkeogh wrote:
    Have heard a bit about this film recently and was thinking about picking up a copy. Has anyone here seen it and would they recommend it??
    Aye, good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I'd highly recommend it.When I was watching it,I couldn't believe what I was seen cause I thought it was based on a true story.It was only afterwards I found out it was only loosely based on a true story.Its still a very powerful film though and worth buying cause after you've seen it you'll want to lend it to all your mates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

It was alright, slightly disappointed with it. (been a while since I saw it, so can't remembe specificaly why)

BBC2 did a reality type show based on the same experiment around the time this was out, or not long before hand, I seem to remember that it had to end early for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Thanks guys, will pick myself up a copy of it on the recommendations.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Very interesting website explaining all details of the real "Stanford Prison Experiment" that this movie is based on. Also provides some videos of the actual experiment. Some messed up stuff happened

Stanford Prison Experiment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

I'd definitely get a copy of the original documentary in Stanford University if you like the film which was pretty decent, good solid performances all round. The original experiment tapes though have to be seen to be believed, really crazy stuff, didn't help that the guy in charge of the experiment AFAIR decided to have the dual role of warden and got sucked into the whole thing, extremely interesting study of group behaviour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

DamoKen wrote:
    I'd definitely get a copy of the original documentary in Stanford University if you like the film which was pretty decent, good solid performances all round. The original experiment tapes though have to be seen to be believed, really crazy stuff, didn't help that the guy in charge of the experiment AFAIR decided to have the dual role of warden and got sucked into the whole thing, extremely interesting study of group behaviour.

No he wasnt the Warden, one of the college students was but he was the superintendant in it and your right he did get very involved in the whole thing. He completely forgot it was just an experiment and he took his job as superintendant very seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

cheers, knew it was something like that, years since I saw it but found it quite shocking. I thought it provided a unique and disturbing insight into how so many so called "ordinary" people can end up colluding and even taking the initiative in something monstrous, the obvious parallel being the nazi death camps. Anyway, back on topic, the film as the OP may have gathered is well worth a watch.

Advertisement