Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVDSoon RIP

Options
  • 08-12-2005 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Got a mail today saying that Dvdsoon are changing management. They served me well in the past but their fiasco with the fedility points I think was the last straw for everyone, as per other boards, and it hit them bad. Strange that they would do this coming up to the Christmas traffic, obviously they lost out big time with their poor management over the last year or so> Hopefully the new crowd will bring it back to the company it was once:

Dear Client;

It is with a lot of regret and sadness that we must announce the closure
    of the company 9086 - 8316 Québec Inc who managed the operations of
    DVDSoon.com.

The assets of DVDSoon.com have been taken by Canadian
    Distribution Services which means the site will remain open and all
    activities will be maintained. Therefore all pending orders will be
    honored.

Unfortunately all operations that were suspended and were the
    responsibility of 9086 - 8316 Québec Inc will not be honored. These
    operations include credits, refunds, replacement requests, and Fidelity
    iPoints.

If you wish to obtain more information please send your questions to:

9086 - 8316 Québec Inc.
    1001, Boul. Montarville #75023
    Boucherville Québec
    J4B 7Z2

We thank you for your support and your comprehension.

The Administration,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

As long as they keep up the ultra cheap cheesey horror DVDs, I'm still happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Good riddance I say.
    They still owe me 36 euro for undelivered dvd's, which I'll never see now.
    They hadn't bothered to send out quite a few old movies I had ordered over a few month period, but had billed me for.
    I was waiting for free shipping to come back to order something of value which they might have gotten around to shipping.
    I agree they started off well, but they went WAY downhill over the last year or so.

I've been waiting on a number of DVDs for a while now. They've all been listed as being on order for the past two months. The worst thing is that I had 50 euro credit which I'm never going to see again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've had two season-boxed sets "On Order" for ages now, despite the fact they were released weeks ago. Not happy. I think I might excise them from our list of online sites to buy from.

ixoy wrote:
    I've had two season-boxed sets "On Order" for ages now, despite the fact they were released weeks ago. Not happy. I think I might excise them from our list of online sites to buy from.

I know how you feel. I ordered Serenity off playusa last night and it was disopatched today, whereas dvdsoon list all the DVDs I'm waiting on as being in stock.

Play may be more expensive but their speed and customer support is far superior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Got an email from them this morning, pimping their latest stock — have they been taken over (yet again ... wasn't the last time in August???)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I think they are still around but they just got rid of the section that managed the site credit etc. Meaning that any credit you had is now completely gone. Bastards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

Apparently they have been taken over by dvdimport and there are some new T+C's on the site that although pending orders will be processed, instances where chargebacks were initiated and action will be taken if monies were obtained fraudulently :eek: (which is a little hypocritical given DVD soons actions lately :mad: )

I dont think anything is dispatching though and not sure why the site is even up and running.

Thankfully only lost approx $8cad to them (although only got a few months use of the fidelity i-card but made big savings thanks to that) but its a strange state of play with them at the monment :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well one of my other items just shipped. Only one remaining. It's "On Order". Let's place bets when I'll see it - February? March?

Advertisement