Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest nominees; "Story of the Year"

Options
  • 07-12-2005 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Suggest either 1 or 2 of your favourite Stories from a game of 2005.
    anything released prior to the 1st of January 2005 will NOT be included in the running.
    And please make your suggestions easy to spot (bold/colour/italic tags... whatever takes your fancy)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shadow of the Colossus was the only game story that has stood out this year but it is turning out to be one of the best ever.

I like the way God of War told it's story.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fahrenheit
    Sure it disappears up it's own arse towards the end... but the style of the story telling and quality of the dialogue makes it a winner for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

MGS3
    HL2 xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Half Life 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

farenheight

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

(HL2 was released last year...and the story sucked!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Mgs3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'll have an MGS3 please, Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Metal Gear Solid 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

MGS3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Fahrenheit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

I havent played many games with a storyline this year (what..quake 4 had a story??)..ive only played maybe an hour of fahrenheit, but it gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

MGS3

Fahrenheit - well told story with authentic-sounding voice dialogue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Shadow of the Colossus was the only game story that has stood out this year but it is turning out to be one of the best ever.
    Getting off topic, sorry, but does anyone know when this is supposed to be released over here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

February i think. Eurogamer.net will have up to date release dates.

Is any mention of HL2 for the xbox going to be included. It was released on PC last year. I remember the PC version of KOTOR being disqualified last year for being released on the xbox last year. Also the story is crap :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Pro Evolution Soccer 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    February i think. Eurogamer.net will have up to date release dates.

Is any mention of HL2 for the xbox going to be included. It was released on PC last year. I remember the PC version of KOTOR being disqualified last year for being released on the xbox last year. Also the story is crap :-p
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/data/516675.html
    KOTOR was released in 03 on all formats and in all regions, hence it being disqualified.
    so long as the game was released in europe or north america this year, i have no problems with it being included :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement