Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest nominees; "Disappointment of the Year"

Options
  • 07-12-2005 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Suggest either 1 or 2 of the biggest disappointments from this gaming year. any release or event prior to the 1st of January 2005 will NOT be included in the running.
    And please make your suggestions easy to spot (bold/colour/italic tags... whatever takes your fancy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

definitely Far Cry Instincts on the Xbox. Very boring just run and shoot no tactics, and the driving what was that all about

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

more an event.... The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess being delayed until 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

more an event.... The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess being delayed until 2006.
    aye. that and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. turning to vapourware would be my 2 choices

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Suikoden 4
    Suikoden 3 was disappointing but still a good RPG. Was expecting good things for S4 since most of the original team had gotten back together. What I got was an RPG riddledm with random encounters every 10 seconds, uninteresting story and characters.

And of course Twilight PRincess being delayed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Perfect Dark Zero

I payed HOW MUCH for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

Zelda: TP being delayed until April 2006 (At the earliest) too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Black and white 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Boiling Point: RtH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Played COD2 (xbox 360) and i was very dissapointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

x-box 360 should be on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Fahreneit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Burnout Legends - PSP

Horrible looking game. (I'm not talking about looking at the box or anything, I bought it but gave it back after a few hours of playing time).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
    I love the Budokai series... they've always been immense fun....

But Tenkaichi was horrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Perfect Dark Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pro Evolution PSP. What should have been the definative handheld football game ended up being a mess. Terrible slowdown, and the total lack of any master league and even worse any cups, make this a big let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Goodshape wrote:
    x-box 360 should be on the list.

Explain :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dull launch line up with only PGR3 being a standout exclusive, Perfect Dark Zero being terrible, no new games or genres that could be done on a current gen console with slightly lower quality graphics and really not a huge leap forward in visuals for a next gen machine in fact I've seen nothing my PC couldn't do. Basically it offers the same except now overly normal mapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Oblivion delayed to early 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

ThatGuy wrote:
    Explain :eek:
    Exactly what Retr0 said. And we're only suggesting nominees at this point and I think it should be a contender.

Personally I don't really give a rats arse about the 360 and am more disapointed that Zelda got delayed.... but somebody already mentioned that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭ondafly

Gran Turismo 4 - do we really have to go through all those licences again !?
    Pro Evo on PSP - slow slow slow slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Chibi Robot not even getting a suggested european release date.
    Twilight Princess delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gaelic Games Football. GAA fans waited years for that monstrosity!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Does FFVII: Advent Children count? Not a game but it was pretty bad and undermined the previous game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
    I love the Budokai series... they've always been immense fun....

But Tenkaichi was horrible...

yeah what horrible horrible game. played it 3 times and just can't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

age of empires III.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Got to be Fahreneit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i thought fahreneit was a great game... tho it was very short and had no replayablity
    as for people saying the xbox360 im assuming u mean the 360's launch which alright i can c ur point, for me the only good game was condemend and even then that was too short :(
    but i have to say AOEIII was waiting so long for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I'm with Dagnir on Fahrenheit.

I'd also just like to put down gaming in Europe. We're missing out on so much. Sick of having to wait for the big DS releases. Sick of having to wait for Shadow of the Colossus. Sick of not knowing if we're even going to get Guitar Hero here. I

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The Movies - PC

Didn't live up to my hopes. Now we all get to watch clones of ready made scenes being used over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

BF2 being a stat whores paradise
    X360 launch being as dull as a wet weekend in doncaster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement