Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Driver?

Options
  • 06-12-2005 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking to invest in a new driver. I have a Callaway Big Bertha 454 at the minute. Its a 13 degree one though and im looking to get a lower degree. (only started played last year, im off 19 and i want to get to mid teens next year)

So basically im gonna get a new driver (9-10 degree) to help improve my distance

Any recommendations on which make etc lads? Willing to spend €400 max

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Ram FX with True Temper Grafalloy shaft. Bought one for €250 in the golf shop in Tallaght about 3 months ago fantastic club, highly reccomend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

It all depends on your swing. But I wouldn't go below 9.5 if I was you, I found anything below that loft hard to get used to.
    I had an 8 degree for a while and then an 8.5, but 9.5 is my optimal I think.
    Recommending is hard though, different strokes for folks, get testing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Wait till the new year. TM are bringing out a load of new drivers so this years ones will be cheaper.
    All the new heads are a much of a muchness, choose the one you like the look of best.

Be sure to get some professional advice on the shaft though, the most important piece of the setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

Never buy a club of the shelf, always get fitted out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

It all depends on how well you know your swing doesn't it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement