Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustard forum gains new purpose

Options
  • 06-12-2005 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

This mustard forum is now a 'say what you want about the mods' forum as it's my only outlet for complaint and i have a basic right for freedom of speech.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

wow that didn't take long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Mods are great. Not quite as great as mustard, but y'know, they're not half bad. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They'd be better if they had mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

wowwy. i am impressed with your ability to change a forum's purpose and charter in one simple post..and you're not a mod.. amazing.
    mod mustard... yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

It's a said day in the bigboards house. Ratboy has been evicted, never to return. :( In his honour, I must urge all the regulars of the mustard forum to vote for him in his apparent crusade to be most irritating boards user of the year.

Peace among boardsers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm sure that won't be a problem...the mod of this forum is a pussy cat who I'm sure will be delighted to accommodate your bitching needs. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I dont like mustard.
    Mod mustard - what's that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I dont like mustard.

BAN IT!!!! Ban the non-believer now!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

BAN IT!!!! Ban the non-believer now!!!!

Look, all I'm saying is that if mustard and mayonaisse were in a fight, I'd put my money on the mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blackwashman

Look, all I'm saying is that if mustard and mayonaisse were in a fight, I'd put my money on the mayo.
    I think that this poster should be banned for personal abuse, slag mustard,slag me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I dont like mustard.
    Tell me, why did you come to this forum then? If I'm not interested in something, ie American Footie I don't even visit the forum, much less post that I don't like it and GAA kick AF ass...

biko wrote:
    Tell me, why did you come to this forum then? If I'm not interested in something, ie American Footie I don't even visit the forum, much less post that I don't like it and GAA kick AF ass...

I am simply stating an opinion on said foodstuffs, and felt that this was a suitable forum to post my views on mustard. Perhaps if I pointed out some reasons for my dislike of mustard:

1. It does not mix well with Ketchup on hotdogs
    2. I feel that mayo and ketchup are superior condiments taste wise - i prefer their subtle taste to the all out attack of mustard.
    3. Mustard murdered my father and mother (well, maybe not that).

But if here is not a place to view opinions on mustard, tell me, where is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Im hungry

But I dont like mustard, it looks smells and tastes like vomit. Vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I dont like mustard.
    Mod mustard - what's that like?
    Think smeg. Think liquidy. Think liquidy smeg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

It has more of a baby's nappy quality.

I am simply stating an opinion on said foodstuffs, and felt that this was a suitable forum to post my views on mustard. Perhaps if I pointed out some reasons for my dislike of mustard:

1. It does not mix well with Ketchup on hotdogs
    2. I feel that mayo and ketchup are superior condiments taste wise - i prefer their subtle taste to the all out attack of mustard.
    3. Mustard murdered my father and mother (well, maybe not that).

But if here is not a place to view opinions on mustard, tell me, where is?
    So you reckon coming to a specially made forum on mustard and saying that you don't like mustard will spark some sort of intelligent discussion?
    Troll, look at the replies you've got! Why don't you keep your opinions to yourself or try to formulate a coherent post/question? This goes for fade2black, Karoma and LovelyHurling too :mad:

Now now, if he doesn't read the forum, how will he ever see the error of his ways?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you're all banned from this forum

'cept for sarky, coz I liked his t-shirt at the last boards beer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

This is where you are totally WRONG.

If you put one smidgeon of english mustard into a jar of mayo it will overwhelm the mayo instantly, whereas a similar amount of mayo put into a jar of mustard will have little or no effect.

davej

davej wrote:

If you put one smidgeon of english mustard into a jar of mayo it will overwhelm the mayo instantly, whereas a similar amount of mayo put into a jar of mustard will have little or no effect.

davej
    Hey is that tasty? I alway have mustard straight but are willing to try new concoctions :)

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    you're all banned from this forum

'cept for sarky, coz I liked his t-shirt at the last boards beer

And my left buttock, but that's a story for another day...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sarky wrote:
    And my left buttock, but that's a story for another day...

and certainly has nothing to do with mustard!!

Thank God for that! o_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The Lime

davej wrote:

davej

I Believe I can answer all your Food related questions, after all, I like to think that im a source of nutrition and who knows most about food? The Lime.
    The answer to this daunting question came to me on my travels to Nepal in 97.It was there I met Prune named Eamon.Like myself he was a scientist. Together we toured world gaining knowledge about different food types and then we published our findings in a 2-page manuscript. But the manuscript was stolen, and with that five days works was ruined!
    Anyway getting back to the point, Eamon and myself tried to recollect and information we could remember, but sadly Eamon died a month ago from dehydration, it was always quite common in prunes. The answer to the question: The acid found in eggs (mayo is made from eggs) is highly toxic (.so powerful it destroys car paint). When this toxic is mixed with mustard the results are devastating, for mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

A Nepalese sherpa once told me that he worked for two insane mustard enthusiasts, who constantly had fights over the edibility of string. Was that you, Lime? Mod mustard is not as nice as newbie mustard, but oldie mustard has character imo. I'd say Pighead makes a great mustard.

Advertisement