Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hacked Saves for Agent Under Fire, Splinter Cell or Mech Assault

• 06-12-2005 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

Ok this is driving me nuts everywhere I go on the net doesn't give you direct info as to where to download these hacked saves, I've tried everywhere including www.xbox-scene.com but I just keep getting lead around in circles. I've been to the xbins channel but I can't get voice to get a list of the servers so that option is out.

Any ideas as to where to download these saves as I need them for softmodding the xbox,

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

use this http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php"]tutorial[/URL]
    it's a bit awkward but it works.
    Also read this and decide whether you want krayzie's Ndure installer or krayzie's UXE installer as Ndure does not work without dashboard version 5960.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Never mind after I posted this post I managed to gain access to the xbinx ftp and fine the gamesaves I was after, cheers anyways.

Now all I need to do is get my hands on an original copy of either Splinter Cell or 007: Agent Under Fire :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Try the used/preowned racks in your local game shop.

Gonna see if I can rent one out first. If not try second hand or second hand in game, cheers lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

i got a copy of the original mech assault if you wanna borrow it. had to buy it in the end coz xtravision doesnt have any old games for rent. thay sell em off pretty quickly.

it works great for softmodding.

• Advertisement

Hey thanks for all the help guys but seems the Xbox doesn't wanna recognise any flash disk that I put into the modified cable. So, looks like I'll be getting a chip. Unless Niall you have a proper memory card for the Xbox with the Mech Assault hack and the game that I could borrow? Would save me a fair amount of money :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

You can pick one up on ebay for under a tenner

Achilles wrote:
    Hey thanks for all the help guys but seems the Xbox doesn't wanna recognise any flash disk that I put into the modified cable.
    Just to be sure, you have tried to format it using the MS Dashboard on the xbox? It wont be able to read the savegame from a windows formatted USB drive as Xbox mem-cards use a different filesystem called FATX. I think you can transfer the savegame to the USB thingy using this: http://www.xbox-saves.com/
    Forgive me if you know this already, I'm just making sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

haha found splinter cell in xtravision for a tenner and found appropriate gamesaves on the net. all i need is the mem card or a fixed cable does anyone know how to make the cable?

Just to be sure, you have tried to format it using the MS Dashboard on the xbox? It wont be able to read the savegame from a windows formatted USB drive as Xbox mem-cards use a different filesystem called FATX. I think you can transfer the savegame to the USB thingy using this: http://www.xbox-saves.com/
    Forgive me if you know this already, I'm just making sure!
    Yeah I'm well aware of that :P I even went to great lenghts to actually delete the partition on the flash disks (I borrowed a friend's) as Windows doesn't let you do it. Any flash media I try, pen drives, USB flash card readers hell even my portable hard drive in DCIM mode still wouldn't recognise it, the dash itself just kept saying 'Memory Card is Damaged' and it's not being formatted to FatX. I even tried it in someone's modified Xbox and the same thing happened. Any chance I could get one of you guys to format the stick for me on your box?

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote:
    Any flash media I try, pen drives, USB flash card readers hell even my portable hard drive in DCIM mode still wouldn't recognise it, the dash itself just kept saying 'Memory Card is Damaged' and it's not being formatted to FatX. I even tried it in someone's modified Xbox and the same thing happened. Any chance I could get one of you guys to format the stick for me on your box?
    I'm not in dublin so I cant help but you could just buy an action replay for xbox for about €20 from Game. That's what I have and it works perfectly. Besides, the problem lies with the USB device not the xbox...unless your cable is dodgy?

Recently I tried using a 64MB USB pendrive with a botched together (with tape) cable that I made for attaching a USB keyboard and the MSdash formatted it no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

psp works fine for using as a memory card (just back up the game saves first) and found the cable instructions here: http://pinouts.ru/data/USB_pinout.shtml for usb wires and http://www.fury-tech.com/Modding/Xbox-Controller-PC-Conversion-Mod for xbox wires although they are the same colour so it's easy.

I have the cable already a guy on boards made it for me but the dash still refuses to format it. Even tried it on a mate's hard modded Xbox and neither his MS dash or any of the other modded dashs would format the keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Achilles wrote:
    I have the cable already a guy on boards made it for me but the dash still refuses to format it. Even tried it on a mate's hard modded Xbox and neither his MS dash or any of the other modded dashs would format the keys.

keys must be gay, i used a twin mos one from komplet ages ago, worked perfectly, even works with my 360 for media(which it should do anyway)

Errrm.... keys must be gay?! By the way that's not the only thing I tried. I tried a media card reader, my portable 20gb hdd and two other mate's usb pen drives.

Advertisement