Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Lowe 9-Darter

• 06-12-2005 5:37pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This has been posted before in the Sports section but now that we have a Dart forum I think that it should be posted here to allow fans to see the brilliance that was John Lowe throwing a perfect leg of Darts. It was the first time ever a perfect leg was completed in a televised match.

John Lowe 9-Darter

Fantastic Stuff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

quality stuff, £100,000 is a lot of money as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Great stuff..thanks for posting that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Does anybody actually know how many players have achieved the feat of a perfect leg in a televised tournament. I know Phil Taylor has achieved this an amazing 3 times and that so far Paul Lim is the only player to ever manage it in a World Championships.

Has anybody else managed to do it in a televised match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

mchurl wrote:
    quality stuff, £100,000 is a lot of money as well
    But in fairness its some feet though. To be exact with nine darts in a row. Don't know how to equate it in another sport. I'd say it eclipses a whole in one in golf, a 147 in snooker, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Kingp35 wrote:
    Does anybody actually know how many players have achieved the feat of a perfect leg in a televised tournament. I know Phil Taylor has achieved this an amazing 3 times and that so far Paul Lim is the only player to ever manage it in a World Championships.

Has anybody else managed to do it in a televised match?
    I believe Shaun Greatbatch did the first ever 9 darter that was televised live (on Dutch TV) in one of the BDO events in the Netherlands.

Not sure of the year, but fairly certain it was after Lowe and Lim but before any of Taylor's.
    While both Lowe and Lim's feats were televised on the day of the event, they weren't screened live by BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I believe Shaun Greatbatch did the first ever 9 darter that was televised live (on Dutch TV) in one of the BDO events in the Netherlands.

Thats right I forgot about Greatbatch. He did it in 2002 in the "Dutch Open".

Advertisement