Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.F.I. Info

Options
  • 06-12-2005 3:58pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok so I am a huge movie fan and live in Dublin but I have only been to the IFI once in my life to see Cinema Paradiso and that was about 6 years ago so forgive my ignorance for starting this thread.

What I want to know is a bot of info on the IFI? For example where exactly is it in Dublin? Do you need to be a member or anything like that in order to see a movie there? If I check movie listings on Aertel it sometimes has (club) written beside the times, what does this mean? What is the price to see a movie there etc?

I really want to start going to the IFI in order to see movies that dont make it to the bigger cinemas. For example I really want to go and see "March of the Penguins" that is getting shown this month.

Any info you guys can post up would be great thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

All the info is on http://www.ifi.ie pretty much.

There is day membership and yearly membership - both are reasonable.

March of the Penguins is showing in the UGC from Friday, just so you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

IFI is on Eustace st in Temple bar.

I'm a member of the IFI. As I understand it if a film they are showing is on General relase then no you don't need to be a member. This could include march of the penguins as it is one of their 'main' releases for december. One thing I don't like about their bi-monthly mag is that they don't point out which films require memebership and which don't. :mad:

However for special screenings they have a 'club' and you do need to be a member to see these. The idea of this is that you would have an annual membership but you can get around this by buying a 1-off daily membership that costs €1. Also if you don't have a membership and you're going with someone who does they can just buy you your ticket and you would be their 'guest' leading you to no extra cost.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated

Advertisement