Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans and experiences for this season?

Options
  • 06-12-2005 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

As above, has anyone gone skiing/snowboarding yet? What are people's plans for the season? Anyone got a season pass? etc....

I've got my season pass (Salzburg) and I went to Flachau last Sunday. Weather was great, not that cold, very good snow (a little icy at the bottom but that's pretty normal) and not so many people :) I really enjoy going before christmas as the snow is usually good, no queues for the lifts and loads of space on the slopes.

I'm planning as much skiing as possible this season. I'll try and avoid February, especially daytrips at the weekends but other than that i'll be going as often as possible. I've a few friends here that also have the same season pass as me but they are snowboarders and go off-piste as much as possible. I'm planning on getting the hang of off-piste skiing this year too although I'm a bit apprehensive about ratcheting up my bindings to ensure I don't lose my skis! :) There's a few others here that would be on for going during the week and a load more who'll be looking to go at weekends. Looks like a busy season.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not quite skiing or snowboarding, but it involved falling down an icy hill at great speed.

I just got back from a stag in Riga (Latvia) at the weekend and we went down the bobsleigh run there. It was actually more of a foam basket that they sit the 5 of you in before giving you a shove over the edge of the run. Was great fun, even though it did only last a minute for each run. Managed to go down in a proper 3 man bob as well with one of the Olympic team driving and that was significantly faster, so much so that it was actually hurting with the g forces going round the corners.

Highly recomended if you ever get the chance, but I wouldn't want to go down in a poper bob too often or you'd feck your back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Heading to Livigno in Italy for two weeks in Feb. and if at all possible a short super low cost trip to Zakopane in Poland might be on the cards for March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

...looking forward to it. Friend of mine is off to Zakopane in Poland in Feb. V curious to see what they think of it and whether it is a real low cost skiing option.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

heading off with shad0r and the rest of our crew in late feb early march can't wait. don't think i'll get another trip in this season unless I manage to get over to switzerland for a few days and can talk someone into taking me up on the slopes :)..which might be on the cards..

next year though somewhere new hopefully. Val T rocked last year so i wouldn't mind going there again. lots of runs , mini park and some nice snow to board on plus off piste and 2 other valleys to get over too. 2 weeks there would be savage I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

The weather on one of the news stations last night said there was sweet snow in Livigno at the moment! wh00t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Shad0r wrote:
    The weather on one of the news stations last night said there was sweet snow in Livigno at the moment! wh00t.
    I think the snow is sweet everywhere in Europe after the amount that fell in and around the new year. I plan on testing some more of it out tomorrow :D

Advertisement