Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lake for Wakeboarding/Water skiing in Meath

Options
  • 05-12-2005 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭

Kind of overheard this but apparently theres a manmade lake being built near Sumerhill in Meath for water sports.

This would be great as there aren't really too many facilities for this stuff.

Has anyone heard about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Fair play but sounds stange given the amount of natural lakes in Ireland already. An addition wouldn't do any harm i suppose so fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Cork Skate wrote:
    Fair play but sounds stange given the amount of natural lakes in Ireland already. An addition wouldn't do any harm i suppose so fair play.

Theres plenty of hills for mountainboarding aswell but there isn't anyone out there(in the south) that takes advantage of it and promotes it.

Maybe the guys who made this migth promote it as an water sports lake and have copms there etc.Its quite close to Dublin too.I don't think Irish people have realised the possibilities of extreme sports in Ireland.Was in Queenstown in NZ during the Summer and thats where most peoples living comes from,its extreme sports crazy.

*Strokes beard* theres money in them there hills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I think the lake you mean is stillwater lake near newbridge if you google.ie wakeboarding you'll find there a preety big wake scene here. Guy built the lake on his farm cos he was a waterski nut then the council tried to do him for having no planning permission.But of course you don't need planning permission to dig a hole!!!!! It's well established now and has been around for a good few years.You can hire everything there and have a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 podger jennings

there is a new man made lake in moynalvey Co. Meath. Moynalvey is about 5 mins outside summerhill, its a fresh water lake which is filled by a spring that flows into it! I`ve only been in it twice but its quite good even at that although i`m not sure its a public lake:confused:. anyway if your looking for it just find your way to summerhill and ask for directions to the shanks mare pub. The pud is on a cross roads and one of the roads goes down a steep hill, the lake is less than 100 yards after the bottom of the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HBombadero

Hi,

There is a man made lake there opposite Shanks Mare pub near Summerhill Co. Meath, was there on Sunday. They do wakeboarding and waterskiing and banana boating. It's pretty good, all wheelchair accessible too, the guy that runs it is the world disabled waterskiing champion, now if only it would get sunny...

• Advertisement
Advertisement