Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panels of glass for a door

Options
  • 05-12-2005 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

I need about 30 panels of glass for some interior doors. Anyone any idea where i could get it done, preferably in the dublin area but if you have any experiences let me know. I got new doors for my mom,but i want to replace the glass with clear glass. Sounds trivial but shes the boss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi chicken food,

Dublin being a traffic jam nighmare location could help, anyway if you are in D.7 or close by I would bring them to Leinster Glass on the New Cabra Rd, you can call them out but I'm sure there would a hefty charge by all glaziers.

What you might want to do is hang the doors first, fit locks etc and then take them down to bring over to be glazed, that would save you damaging the glazing.

Another option is take the glass you have for the glazier to use as templates for the new style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I purchased glass from Smiths in Tullamore recently, Various sizes cut to order and had them pattern etched. Excellent price & service...It's know it's not Dublin but might be quicker than getting around Dublin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

I know this Question will seem like 'how long is a piece of string'- but any idea of costs? Iv already tested the doors,the fit perfectly. Now all i have to do is carefully take out the beading holding in the glass. 30 panels?

Cheers stapeler and rooferpete-some great help there. Il definatly look those guys up today and ring them for a quote.

Hi,

So much depends on the type of glass you are buying, the finish Stapeler bought is far from standard but when you know what you want it can be a real beauty.

A call to (01) 868 0596 will get you the real answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

is there anything roofer pete doesnt know!?! If there is, i havnt found it ..... yet!

• Advertisement

:D

Trust me he's got a learnin to do still, for the moment he's a havin fun :)

Advertisement