Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Mixer Shower v Power Shower

Options
  • 05-12-2005 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi...If there are any shower experts out there, maybe you can help me out please. Can anyone recommend a good shower, one that will perform like a hotel shower. I have been reading about mixer showers with pump v power showers ? The Mira Exel 415 mixer shower seems to get good reviews, does anyone have one of these installed ? What strength of pump should we use? We know nothing about plumbing ..... Ta in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

We have three mira mixer showers in our house at home, the parents are against electric showers, there's always hot water on tap from the range so it works for us.

we have no pumps in a two storey house, just gravity, not the same pressure as you'll get in a hotel, but in some hotels they'd strip the skin off ya.

we also have some non-brand one in an ensuite the auld lad built.

none have had any issues, we had a mira in our old house for probably ten years, never a problem, and we have very limey water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

We have a shower pump downstairs feeding 2 showers upstairs.
    Works really well, although you do need to have hot water in the
    storage tank. Flow rate is much higher than an electric shower -
    I had a shower last week in a friend's house who had an electric
    shower and it reminded me of how weak those type of showers
    can be.

One another advantage - no annoying hum from the shower pump
    anymore as its located outside the shower!

Just my two cents ;) .

Advertisement