Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Case HELP NEEDED!! :P

Options
  • 05-12-2005 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Ok so im building a new rig and wanna customize a case like add a side window and fans in the top... what would i use to cut the side of the case? where would i get plexiglass? and what would i cut that with? how would i make a perfect shape.. etc ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Is the case going to be Steel or Alluminium? If its steel you will either need a very good dremel, or better yet, a jigsaw. If its alluminium i think a good dremel would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I dont know yet im just on my way out to peats to have a look at the cases and mods

If you have the cash get the Akasa Eclipse :D. One of the best cases around and really big and roomy. Great for WC setup :).

i havent got the cash for that atm lol :p and what Wc setup should i get? and i want one thats blue..

i havent got the cash for that atm lol :p and what Wc setup should i get? and i want one thats blue..

Are you getting the WC from peats? What are you gonna spend on the case?

• Advertisement

prob about 100 lol and no ill get the wc elsewhere

Personally i would go for either http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=8814&type=6&path=14x122x539
    or

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=8150&type=6&path=14x122x539

The second one would be really great to mod as its plain and would be easy enough to cut into. I think the first one is bigger and may take the wc better.

I think ill go for the first on lol :p but i wont have to cut out a side window hehe its gonna be my first attempt at installing wc and modding a case, hopefully its a good attempt lol...

Ye, they are good cases, now you just gotta prey that peats have them in the shop :o . Remember, they have a new branch in blanchardstown so maybe try there if they dont have it in dublin :).

Thats which one im going to :) they better have it lol!

• Advertisement

Peats in blanch dont sell cases!!! :mad: and i tried maplins they only had crap cases though :(

Peats in blanch dont sell cases!!! :mad: and i tried maplins they only had crap cases though :(

Arrr, that sucks man. Havent been to that branch, why dont you just order it online and get it delivered? The cases at maplin are crap, cheapo stuff :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I built a pc for a friend lately with one of these Aerocool Magic3d cases. It isn't quite in the same league as Antec for overall build quality, there is quite a bit of plastic used in the front bezels/door, but for the money it is excellent and has very good airflow. There is a mesh type side window with a 120mm blue led in the cetre fan. A similar fan is mounted in the lower front bezel and the door is mesh so there is a good bit of air being drawn in even at stock. The back area has a very suitable for watercooloing, roughly 8" by 4" rectangular grill to which you could definately fit a radiator. There are mounting holes for either one 120mm or two 80mm fans in this grilled area, although the overall size is a little bit bigger than the two 80mm fans, both in height and more so in width (the width is approx the same as a 120mm). The mesh window should be easy enough to replace with plexiglass since all you would need to do is remove the rivets holding in the mesh.

Thanks man i think ill go with that :D i like the look of it...

Advertisement