Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get a crunchy Frusciante guitar sound?

Options
  • 05-12-2005 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I have a fender tele and am looking to get a crunchier version of a John Frusciante sound. Clear, warm and tight but with good crunch on chords. I've been messing around with my V-amp and have gotten fairly close but it still has a bit of a synthetic sound. That said, maybe if I play it through an amp rather than into a desk that will get fixed.

What amps/settings/pedals should I be looking at for the sound I'm after?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

I found this at http://www.wholenote.com/store/guitar/effects/amp_modelers/default.asp

It's for the Line 6 - well, you can read that for yourself - which is an amp modeller for guitar. It sounds terrific through an amp and just a fine through the desk. It emulates everything from an AC40 to a Marshall Stack (including different speaker cabs) and is bound to have the sounds you need. At the rpice, I'd recommend it as a purchase, anyway - I spent a bit more on mine in a shop - and I'm sure you can shop around and find it at a price you can afford.

Anyway this is their ad:
    Line 6 POD 2.0 Amp Modeler The POD 2.0 is the ultimate guitar direct recording/performance tool with acclaimed Line 6 modeling and built-in stereo effects! This baby can also be used as a Tone-shaping front end for any Guitar Amp, Live PA, or with Headphones.
    Your Price: $199.99 · You Save: 44%

Manufacturers' data is at http://www.line6.com/products/pods/

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Great answers guys. Nice one!!!

Advertisement