Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Students

Options
  • 05-12-2005 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

CCD has decided to return to collage, as a mature student. Hears th problem though. I never passed Irish in the leaving cert. Iam looking to attend either Trinity or UCD. Will they refuse to take me if i havent passed Irish and didnt study any other language for my Leaving. In my defence I have since learned Iam Dyslecic an this would of obiiously had a serious Imopact inmy studies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you are over 23, they should not regard your leaving cert results, unless it is a requirement for the course.

As for dyslexia, a lot of colleges have programs to assist people with certain needs, ring them up and ask. And all modern computers have spell checkers, so that should help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What courses did CCD have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

You'll be fine. My friend's mother never did her leaving cert. SHe has to do pre-refreshers course thing for one year, but next year she can enter into most of the degree courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

I was thinking either applied Maths or Economics in TCD or UCD. Does anyone knowif there is a minimum etry requirement for either of these courses

Advertisement