Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itzacon Eire II

Options
  • 04-12-2005 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi everyone! This is just a quick post to shamelessly plug Itzacon Eire II, which will be happening in Galway on the weekend of Friday 10th to Sunday 12th March 2006.

Last year was our first Convention in Galway, and it turned out to be a greater success than we could have hoped fore: just ask anyone who was there! The good news is that the preperations for this years convention are in full swing, and it looks as though it's going to be every bit as successful as last year. Just head over to www.itzaconeire.com to get a glimpse of what to expect, as well as a good dose of western humour from our resident web-monkey-person, EEk.

All the usual madness is planned, with Magic the Gathering Tournies, Wargaming, RPG's, LARPS and such all taking place over the weekend. So, if you're interested in partaking in said madness, then find yourself in the the vacinity of the NUIG campus, this March from the 10th to the 13th!

Podge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oh fun hope i can make this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

*waves* Hi Podge!

Come to Itzacon people. There may be pie.

Will there be igor bars ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I tried making them before with added coffee*. I'll see what I can do. :)

After the marshmallow fluff of Confess, Igor bars should be easy...

*Handy tip: Do NOT make Igor bars with added coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Sarky at Confess: "It tastes like happy!"

Sarky later that day: "my brain hurts!"

• Advertisement

Yes, yes, have a good laugh at my expense... (You forgot the doppler effect as I zoomed from one side of the hall to the other and back in a matter of seconds...)

Actually, I think I will make some Igor Bars. Now, should I sell them at the con or put them up for auction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hagarack

Hello everyone!

Here's a much more complete shamless plug of the con. Shut up and read!! :)Now, you may or may not have been one of mour many fine guests at Itzacon last year (and if not, why not) but we must inform you one more of our excellent con. And this year it's with pirates!! As per last year there's alot of stuff going on adn this year it'll be even bigger and better we'll have tons of RPGs including :
    Vampire, l5r, Joss Whedon's Serenity, the RPG, Exalted Abyssals, Hellboy, Paranoia in the Great Library (An Anita Murray original), D+D Spelljammer, Werewolf, Discworld, Call of Cthulhu, eberron, Team Synergy 1.5 (a mix of every kind of superhero in every kind of setting you could ever think of) and WHFRP, among others

LARPS
    "Time Travel" with multiple rooms and a time travel system that actually works, Vampire regional, Werewolf regional, Nobilis and "Memories of Justice" by Jude Mapp.

CCGs
    Magic: The Gathering Two headed Giant competition and Magic Melee, Vs PCQ and Yu-Gi-Oh regional.

Wargaming
    Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Bloodbowl, Battletech

Special events
    Assassins, you get a target and try to kill them in whatever way you see fit and/or the most fun:) But don't forget someone else has a target on your head too.
    Treasure Hunt, pirate stylee, there'll be many twists and turns but we're trying to twist our minds to find them right at this very moment
    Airing of our very own radio play of Guards Guards and Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett (TBC)
    Movies
    Star Wars Mini tournament (TBC)
    Pirates!!!, yar!!, ye with the best dress receiveth a chest full o' gold or another cool prize of equal value. There may just be something good in for the person who wins. Nudge Nudge, wink wink :)
    The Return of Giant Snakes and Ladders

Boardgames and other games
    More than ypou can shake a large stick at, SPANC, Chez games, Monopoly, Misere, Diplomacy, Grass, Munchkina and all its kin, SJ games demos, Game of Thrones, Ninja Burger, Zombies etc etc, for the full listing look for a borchure winging its way to your local game shop soon or check out our website at www.itzaconeire.com

Social events
    Pub Quiz, Charity auction and Club Itzacon, as usual, but that doesn't mean it won't be unusual :)

So, my good friends, if there is nothing there to tempt you I'm not sure what I can to help you. Offer my soul up for the highest bidder. Offer to eat a whole jar of fluff (the Sligo gamers know exactly what I'm talking about :)).
    If you want more info and just didn't know where to ask please e-mail itzacon@yahoo.co.uk or go to www.itzaconeire.com. If you'd like to make a booking please contact Paul at pie_grower@yahoo.ie.

Well I think that's all I can do for now except let ye off on the seven seas. See you at Itzacon!!

Maria

Itzacon Eire II, NUI, Galway,Friday 10 - Sunday 12th March 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brass

Do have any deals with accomodation?

Apparently there is no 'con' nominated accomidation.

http://www.hostelseurope.com/city.php/cheap-hostels-Galway-Ireland

Kinlay house is already booked out.
    Sleepzone is very central and I have stayed there nice place but get booked up fast.

http://www.travelireland.org/galway/bed_and_breakfasts_in_galway.html

After weeks of our poor webmonkey weeping tears of blood while trying to get the server to do simple things, like display information, he snapped and moved the whole damn thing to somewhere that worked.

Sorry about the delays, really, we are.

But look! Information! Shiny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hagarack

Allo allo allo, It is I Hagarack once more just giving you one final reminder that Itzacon is indeed still happening from the 10th to the 12th of March in the leafy surroudings of NUI, Galway.

Some sort of new information is that we'll be having Emmett Taylor as our special being a comic artist and dealer in all kinds of comics including rare, old and hard to get stuff. He will be peddling his wares at our beautiful con so if you're not so much into the games you can have reprieve at the lovely comics stand of knowledge and goods. If you have any questions about comics (of most kinds but most especially American) Emmett is the man to ask.

So come along to our quiz the innocent man about his interest. If you're nice he'll even draw a picture of you!

Go to www.itzaconeire.com for more info. See you all at the con.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I have the first batch of photos from the con uploaded here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84193152@N00/sets/72057594079687178/

(I was the guy wandering around with the big camera annoying everyone...)

More as I take them. :D

That was fun, again.

Many thanks to those of you who voted to s(h)ave my beard. Between both camps, and the table quiz, you managed to collect over seven hundred euros for the Myasthenia Gravis Association. Nice one. There was less than a €20 difference in favour of me keeping my facial hair, incidentally. Please don't scare me like that again, I'm going bald quickly enough as it is.

Now, I'm off to bed for some badly-needed sleepings.

Thanks for coming, everyone.

Advertisement