Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you get A++ or A+ rated fridges?

Options
  • 04-12-2005 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Do any shops in the Dublin area sell them? No problem finding them in other EU countries, what's wrong here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭xonencentral

Amazingly enough, I think my local store (biggest store) is now stocking A+ washing machines from seimens and you can order A++ fridges, etc if you will wait the 6 weeks it takes to arrive. (you order from the catalogue).

I think forums like this are making people ask and this is effecting change.
    (of course for this process to happen, you need a "useless" government to be in office in the first place).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Thats a savage fridge, less than half the annual consumption of some A rated fridges I've seen.
    For those on lower budgets though, I've read before of guys using sheets of stiff blue (30mm thick or so) insulation around 3 sides of the fridge to improve insulation along with some clever ducting to outside the house from the radiator at the rear.
    If done well within a built in kitchen or whatever it needn't even be visible.

Siting the fridge is also very important, keeping it as far away from cookers, heaters and other heat sources as possible will have a massive impact on efficiency.
    Not staring into it with the door open for an hour helps too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Iób

Amazingly enough, I think my local store (biggest store) is now stocking A+ washing machines from seimens and you can order A++ fridges, etc if you will wait the 6 weeks it takes to arrive. (you order from the catalogue).

Ah go on, what's the shop called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭xonencentral

Done some more homework for everyone on A+ and A++ appliances.

In Ballina, Homeworld only have a monster A++ fridge (not sure what the make is) in stock now and if you push them to look in the catalogues, (i.e. Siemens, etc), they find more and you can order them and if they are in Dublin warehouse, you have it in 3 days.

I rang a couple of stores in Galway and if you get them into their catalogues (after you get, its a A what ???, we only have white ones, is that what you mean :D ), they then will find what you are looking for so moral of the story is, that if you can get some model names of A+ or A++, go to your local store and it seems with a bit of coaching, you will get them over the line.

I did the line for at least 2 places that we have loads of A rated appliances in stock and this as good as you can get, so they haven't a clue basically.

Some examples of A++: (please take this as information over the phone, you need to verify)..
    Hotpoint SDW85A 0.8 kWh/cycle Energy Consumption ,14 ltr/Cycle Water Consumption Dishwasher.

A++ Large American type fridge, seperate freezer, missed the make on this one.

Seimens range of chest freezers, all A++

LG AAA Energy Rating Dishwasher LD2060SH
    12 Place Settings Wide LED Display Jog Dial Selector Product can be built in, built under or freestanding 6 Programs: Intensive 70 degree

Miele Dishwasher, White, G1140SC+
    Free 2 year guarantee. The triple A-rated Miele G1140SC+ dishwasher is a full sized machine with a useful pre-wash option and 6 versatile programmes.

You need to check if these products are what the salespeople said they were but it seems there should be no problem in getting A++ appliances anywhere.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Iób

Thanks for all the research, xonen. I was trying to get info from the shops but failed to get anything much. But now that you've assured me the A++ rated have reached Ireland, I think I'll have to go and look around shops rather than checking things on the web.

Advertisement