Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP Customer Service Telephone System?

Options
  • 04-12-2005 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm doing a bit of research into the various levels of customer service available on the internet. Besides from the obvious ticketing systems and forums i am concentrating on VoIP support. Basically i'm wondering if there is any service out there that would allow a user to use VoIP to contact a company and interact with an automated system that would direct their query to the appropiate department.

An example would be that the customer has a billing issue and contacts the company thru a VoIP application, the customer needs to press number 2 to get thru to the billing department and is consquently put in a Q. Basically a VoIP call centre.

I'm not sure if this kind of application is available at the moment, google searching has left me down a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Asterisk will do the "Press 2 for X" menu stuff (as well as call grouping, etc.). There are a number of SIs and Vendors that will configure Asterisk, dunno about in Ireland though.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Thanks cg, would you be able to take a guess as to the overall cost of implementing something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I reckon there's about a day's work for an installer to gether requirements (agree routing, extension plans, etc.), install hardware and configure. Add the cost of that consultancy + the cost per user for an IP phone, assuming software phones aren't really acceptable in a commercial environment) and cabling, and then add in any training required (not much should be required, if there is a support contract in place to manage users moving, new users, new carriers, etc)... the costings for those I don't have / am not willing to share, but should be able to get you started.

.cg

Advertisement