Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC and Channel 4 back on the air.

Options
  • 03-12-2005 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I was up in the Comeraghs today on my weekend off from my Dublin IT job. Nice to get away from a keyboard for 10 mins.

We were up there to get the transmitter going again. The local BBC transmitter was gone off the air. It turned out the power was disconnected. Everyone concerned should be happy now. :) I got my walk in today so I'm happy too. It's been awhile since I have been up on this side of the Comeraghs. I'll post some pics when I can upload - not working just now - keeps failing.

Has anyone been up there lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Is the amiga still in that transmitter box? ;) I remember having to go up there to enter a bit of propaganda for the local community TV candidate. Pity everyone took Ray Burke's word for it back then.

Of course I could be talking about a different transmitter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

I have some photos and show that way. I'll put them up when I'm home from Dublin again. No Amiga though. There are two boxes (one for CH4 and other ITV) receiving transmissions from N.Ireland. FreeView will make this redundant soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I saw them on your blog. looks very familiar. The one I walked up to supplied stradbally, kilmacthomas etc and had an amiga 600 running SCALA for transmitting community messages. Small world and all that

Advertisement