Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop, ASUS where are they?

Options
  • 03-12-2005 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying a new laptop mainly for college stuff (CAD, 3D programs in future and gaming).
    Right now its between the Acer 1694 and a Asus a6Va which im finding hard to find in ireland.
    I've found a nice on in holland here i have family over there who can send it on to irl for me (if that crowd cant).
    I like the look of the Asus more than the Acer, both are very similar spec, but i've read next to nothing bad really about the asus and a fair bit about the acer.
    Just looking for advice really, what do you think of both laptops? Anyone used the asus before? where did you get it?

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Check the keyboard layout!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Heinrich wrote:
    Check the keyboard layout!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Bit of an update.

Got the asus m6va. Lovelly laptop, no problems so far.
    Choose it over the a6va for a few reasons.
    Slightly smaller, little lighter and better battery life (close to 4 hrs with winamp playing and cad)
    came with a modular drive bay and a 40gig hd to go in it, it has not realy left the laptop since. Not used dvddrive much since i got it.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=25976 for a nice review, slightly different spec same laptop.

Jozi

Advertisement