Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i report someone who sends foul words in a PM

Options
  • 03-12-2005 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

someone sent me a PM with a few abusive words. I would like to report him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

Foul words are generally nothing to worry about, after all it's only the internet. If you think it's serious enough, PM the mod of the forum where you made contact with this person in the first place. You might be ignored though if you're just offended by language used. If the PM was threatening however, it will be taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

Is it ok then to send a pm back to them and call them all the names under the sun and use swear words?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

No.
    Forward me on a copy of the message.

Forwarded it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'll assume this is about me.

Your thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054857960
    MASWANKDOV wrote:
    I decided to start a thread where people ONLY post jokes that are short and ideal to send to phones.

Here's a dirty one : -

Pirate captain: Arrrrrrrrrrrrr, there be buggery aboard this ship.
    There be taste o' $hit o' the first mates pr!ck.

I reply saying its crap, to which i get a pm from you
    MASWANKDOV wrote:
    here doc'

like , if you cant get the jokes or dont think they are funny then just tough luck.

Go and post some that are hilarious and easy to understand

Have a nice day

MASWANKDOV

my reply
    bazh wrote:
    i get jokes, just not your retarded ones, **** face, now bugger off

your reply
    MASWANKDOV wrote:
    Im reporting you
    too zee internet police!!

Anyway. my reply
    bazh wrote:
    ha, go ahead, i didnt ask for you to pm me, ya tool.

His reply
    MASWANKDOV wrote:
    If you didnt like the jokes you didnt have to read them. No need for abuse message either, you supposing to be a mod and this being a non agressive discussion board.

And there she ends, well apart from running around here like a girls blouse waving the internet laws before my very eyes.

• Advertisement

you can take the person out of dundalk but not the the dundalk out of the person!sigh

if i called you certain names you wouldnt be so slow to report me. Your supposed to me a mod after all. Those PMs you sent were pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Maskhadov wrote:
    if i called you certain names you wouldnt be so slow to report me. Your supposed to me a mod after all. Those PMs you sent were pathetic

Lighten up , will ya :rolleyes:

No i wont.

No i wouldn't report you, for a start i wouldn't even pm you, ya big jessie, are the bad men on the internet hurting your e-feelings?

I mod the bangbus for gawds sake, do you expect me to entice you into my minivan with dollar bills too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

bazH is a [wiki]Hosted Moderator[/wiki]. A little different to any other type of moderator. Like any others though, he's just a normal user outside of the forum he moderates.

My worthless advice is to ignore what anyone on the internet says if you don't agree with it. It doesn't matter if bazH doesn't like your joke, and you look like you're trying to pick a fight with him by PMing him like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭kmurphy

if it bothers you so much call the police. would you ever grow up.
    and id love to know how old you are ?im guessing 12 or 13. cause if youre any older man u need to get a life.
    this is so dumb it should be locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Maskhadov wrote:
    someone sent me a PM with a few abusive words. I would like to report him

GoYou.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

bazH wrote:
    e-feelings
    :v: You should ™ that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What version of E-Feelings™ are you running ?, I'm thinking it may be V1.35 !!!, upgrade to the latest version, it includes some scripting that stops you acting like a 12 year sissy.

Latest E-Feelings™ updates see http://www.Microsoft.com/e-feelings.html

E-Feelings, E-Feelings 2000, E-Feelings XP Pro and Home editions are trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation and cannot be used without express written consent.

MASWANKDOV wrote:
    If you didnt like the jokes you didnt have to read them
    wisdom beyond her years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭kmurphy

would sombody please lock this for feck sakes . lol were lowering our standards. and ehh you the guy that started this thread go to bed with no supper.............hahahaha

No , dont lock this thread. Otherwise its licence to send abusive PM's to other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

So are we all allowed to abuse other people on boards now :eek: nice one

I remember a while back someone said something to me about a phone i was selling and i told him to "fu(k off" and got banned for one week, and now i see this thread. This is the reason most normal users dislike boards.ie and most of the mods

My problem is that someone pm's me about something said on a thread(which was crap) and now has his knickers in a twist because big bag baz called him ****face.

Would you run upto someone in the street who disagree's with your pathetic joke and start advising them the error of their ways?

And then when you get told where to go, do you go bleeting to the nearest police station because of it.

Anyway, if the rules state something about abusive text in a pm, then meh im in the wrong, this has got to the depths of patheticness that I think the OP is a total moron.

Would you look at his original post in the humour forum again....
    I decided to start a thread where people ONLY post jokes that are short and ideal to send to phones.

Here's a dirty one : -

Pirate captain: Arrrrrrrrrrrrr, there be buggery aboard this ship.
    There be taste o' $hit o' the first mates pr!ck.

Delightful, someone who can spit out such vulgar joke, whinges because I called him ****face, get a bloody life, what age are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

bazH wrote:
    My problem is that someone pm's me about something said on a thread(which was crap) and now has his knickers in a twist because big bag baz called him ****face.

Would you run upto someone in the street who disagree's with your pathetic joke and start advising them the error of their ways?

And then when you get told where to go, do you go bleeting to the nearest police station because of it.

Anyway, if the rules state something about abusive text in a pm, then meh im in the wrong, this has got to the depths of patheticness that I think the OP is a total moron.

Would you look at his original post in the humour forum again....

Delightful, someone who can spit out such vulgar joke, whinges because I called him ****face, get a bloody life, what age are you?

I agree with you what he posted is uther ****€ but it seems like mods make up rules as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I agree with you what he posted is uther ****€ but it seems like mods make up rules as they go along.

Jesus do you ever stop moaning? How about I ban you from my forums so you have less to whine about? I'll call it "The General" rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

This is the reason most normal users dislike boards.ie and most of the mods

And all of these "normal users" who dislike boards.ie so much can't stop posting to tell us that much. Oh wait, it's only a handful of select "internet saviours" like yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

bazH wrote:

I was under the impression that abuse_PM's were a definate no_no.

Given that one person's interpretation of 'abuse' may and will differ from anothers, I take it each report is taken on an individual basis rather than one clear cut rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yes the general rule is that abusive pm's are a no no. However (The General get your whinging pants on!) in this case the op had absolutely no valid reason to pm baz.

So in summary you are all ****faces

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement