Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammschiff Surprise: Periode I

Options
  • 03-12-2005 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this gem last night on TG4?

I've never heard of it before, and just happened to stumble on it on TG4 around 12 last night. Its basically a parody, a very funny one at that, of Star Wars, Star Trek, and a few others.

It really reminded me of a cross between Spaceballs and Austin Powers. Absolutely fantastic.

Okay, so I was watching the movie in bed, on my 2" handheld tv screen, but the special effects seemed to be very good also, and there are some lovely scenes featuring aerial dogfights, shoot-outs, etc.

What did anyone else think? Now I really have to get this on DVD, can't believe such an amazing movie is out there that I never heard of!

It was made in 2004. German with English subs.

PS - Someone please help me find where I can buy it with English subs. I can only find it on Amazon.de in German 5.1 with no subs :(

http://imdb.com/title/tt0349047/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Yeah, I saw it. It was crap :D

If you like that, check out 'Star Wreck: the Pirkinning'. It's a free download
    and is the same kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

I saw it, and i've been looking it up on the net and it seems its an acquired taste, a lot of people seem to hate it, and others love it.

I thought it was absolutely fantastic, i really did, one of the best comedies i've seen for quite a while. I'm thinking of getting it on dvd.

"Push, Touch, Push, Touch and don't forget to dry the willy...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you find anywhere that sells it with English subs, please let me know!

Can only find it in German 5.1 with no subs. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

I am from Germany alright. This movie was greatly advertised anywhere in Germany, like TV ads, bus stops, McDonalds, Burger King... everywhere. It was annoying.

And so was the movie. I found it quite boring, turned it off after 25 minutes when I saw it two years ago or something. It really isn't that funny.

In fact, the guys playing the main roles did another movie before which was much more funny as this one.

Advertisement