Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warriors

Options
  • 02-12-2005 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Got the game I must admit I like it and Im just wondering if anyone else has seen the film and if its any good?

As far as I know its only out on Region 1 DVD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

One of my all time fav films.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Play.com have the Directors Cut, if you look. In fact, I just got it today. Great film, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

It was great but I'm afraid it didnt age well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's a really good film. I hadn't realised there was a game based on it but I wasn't too surprised when I saw that Rockstar had made it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw it in 1981/2 and then again about 2 years ago, and I agree with Playboy. It seemed a bit lame tbh, only a few sequences held up. The opening titles with Barry De Vorzons music still rocks but thats hardly a good reason to see the whole film!

heres the imdb view http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/combined

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

****ing brilliant film, really entertaining how eva it is a bit camp with the waist coats they wear and all. but the fight scene in the jaks and the baseball furies just mak this film one of the ALL TIME GREATS.
    SELL YOUR GRANNY TO SEE IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You can't beat some of the lines James Remar comes out with in it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Can you diiig it?!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

James Remar to one of the kiss/baseball gang members :

"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Fairly sure I saw it in xtravision a few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,135 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Excellent film, also check out The Wanderers for the same sort of idea, released at the same time.

Whats the matter???.... Going ****??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Rabies wrote:
    Fairly sure I saw it in xtravision a few weeks ago
    yes you probably did.

some xtravision stores have it for sale too for about €12.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Houston Griffin

One of those bad movies that are fun to watch. What kind of gang dresses like mimes or baseball players? It's coming on in an hour where I live and I'll probably tune in if the game I'm currently watching doesn't get more interesting. How do you like the game? I almost bought it earlier this week (I'm a big fan of Rockstar), but I was afraid it would be too addicting and keep me from studying during finals. I'll definately get it next week though.

how can you say the gangs are crap the turnbulls are quite real, if you saw the furies at night youd **** urself they are freaky bastards, as are the mimes. and saying the movie is crap............................................. you obviously should watch the yoke on t.v as it is a brillant piece of art. now can you count sucka i say the future is ours if you can count

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Houston Griffin

I didn't say it was crap; I thought it was a very enjoyable b-movie. Anyways, I watched it again and you're correct; If a were walking alone at night and came across a gang of mute baseball players wearing face paint and twirling bats, I'd probably **** myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

good fun movei, watched it recently after playing the game, really good game

Advertisement