Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay Problem

• 02-12-2005 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I purchased a watch from a US seller in which he gives two postage options they were:

USPS EXPRESS MAIL - £20
    Take 3 to 5 business days , with Tracking Number and Free insurance.

USPS Global Priority Mail - £7.99:
    7-10 Business Days , No Tracking Number ,No insurance.

I was just going to go for the £7.99 option, then I received his invoice in which he states that postage is £25 with another £10 required for insurance which has to be paid, making it £35. It states in the auction that insurance is included in the Express mail option yet he is trying to charge me extra for this as well as more for the postage.

Here is the auction
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5058593094&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I'm now worried that even if he changes the invoice to the have the correct postage that he will not send the item but still take my money. He's obviously a chancer and it's hard to trust him.

I'm now thinking of not paying at all and just taking the negative feedback he will undoubtably give, has anybody any advise from similar situations.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I think the first thing to do is email the seller and question his figures. I can't see what justification he could have when his rates are quite clear on the auction.

He may be just chancing his luck.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I have emailed him, there is no doubt he is chancing his luck. My main issue is now can I trust this guy to send the item even if he changes his postage amount?

Well his feedback seems OK in the main but I'd feel very uneasy about going with the uninsured option after reading some of the negative feedback. Maybe that is what he is aiming for.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

35 sterling in my mind is way to much money for shipping on a item that size. I recently priced up new 17inch tyres for my car and the shipping on them from the UK was only 36 for 4 tyres. 10-12max sterling would be about right for registered mail shipping. if its coming in from the states maybe 20-25max dollars for the gobal mail, price of shipping is based on the weight and this watch cant weight that much. 35 sterling is over 50 euro he must be taking you for a real chump just boosting his profits make up for any losses. If u do pay it i would be interest when u get it what it says on the parcel the total shipping costs. I have been dealing on ebay and with shops around the world since 2002 and i never insured a package and some where near the grand mark, they where all registered mailed or ems never lost one. Some took a little longer then expected to get here but never lost one. If u had a problem chances are its the sender who mess the address up or something any way once its registered they should be able to track it down eventually.

He eventually changed his shipping price to £20 including insurance. I think he was just chancing his arm.

• Advertisement

But he succeeded in putting you off the idea of going for the £7.99 option.:D

I'm glad it worked out ok for you in the end.

Cal.

I just didn't want to chance having no insurance when buying an item from somebody like that, also there was a coupon code in the Bargain Alerts section that saved me €12 so it didn't work out too badly.

If the cost of postage on the package is significantly less than I paid I will report him to Ebay for trying to charge extra above what was displayed on the auction.

Advertisement