Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quayside S.C. Sligo - Layout

Options
  • 02-12-2005 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭

Its a weird layout how you have to get to the rest of the Quayside Shopping Centre by traipsing all the way through the NEXT store. Strange and I have never seen any other shopping centre designed in this way.

I wonder what the NEXT store think themselves about it, unless they like the fact that maybe people will be passing through and decide to buy something, and I wonder what should happen if there was a fire and you had to get out of the centre quickly down that entrance onto the street with all those obstacles of clothes racks in the way?

Does anyone else have confusion with the car park level signs as well? - I think the ground floor is something like Level 4 ?!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lionheart84

I`m staying at the buttermarket above the quayside and in my life i never seen such a stupid layout,
    but it does have huge shops in there and tk maxx takes away from the moaners it ok i guess but a stupid layout..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

magnumlady wrote:
    Its a weird layout how you have to get to the rest of the Quayside Shopping Centre by traipsing all the way through the NEXT store. Strange and I have never seen any other shopping centre designed in this way.

I wonder what the NEXT store think themselves about it, unless they like the fact that maybe people will be passing through and decide to buy something, and I wonder what should happen if there was a fire and you had to get out of the centre quickly down that entrance onto the street with all those obstacles of clothes racks in the way?

Yeah Magnumlady, I thought it was a bit strange to have to walk through Next to get to the other shops... Maybe there is another way to get to that section? Actually, I was just in the new lingerie store- Secrets, and it is sooooo expensive, €125 for some stuff. yeah its good quality but those prices are a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

was in it today its impressive long bloody walk though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Madge wrote:
    Yeah Magnumlady, I thought it was a bit strange to have to walk through Next to get to the other shops... Maybe there is another way to get to that section? ....

Well you can access it from Quay Street but if you wanted to get to those shops without going through NEXT you would have to exit the Shopping Centre at the Wine Street Exit and then walk all the way around to Quay Street and somewhere opposite Sligo Town Hall and then enter that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

In the wekdays you will see numerous workmen and builders walking through NEXT with their ladders and tools to get to the other shops they are doing down that part of the shopping centre (where Maud's is etc..) I bet the NEXT store love all that going on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sligonian

such a stupid layout like whats with that middle floor.it was such a waste of time in my opinion

Advertisement