Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation in a can!

Options
  • 02-12-2005 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I asked an experienced man about how I would insulate my shed cheap and effectively. He always has a good way around everything and he proceeded to tell me about a fire proofer spray, it's not an expandable foam or anything like that, it's just a normal spray I think, but it gives the equivalant of 150 mil of insulation and of course, it will fireproof my shed:) I'll be turning my shed into a little workshop so would like it nice and cosy:)

Has anyone heard of this or know what he is talking about? He couldn't remember the name and it was a few years since he got it.

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Cormie,

I think he is referring to what was known as Froth Pack, two cylinders of chemical that when mixed during application give you a coating of foam insulation inside.

I can't recall the products being fireproof but they do insulate and prevent condensation especially on metal roofs and siding.

An expensive enough product that like most others can be abused, it is ideal where hay barns have evolved into workshops and storage units.

I am totally against it being used as the miracle cure under old slate and tile roofs, it has been proven over the past twenty years to have it's limitations and is a good system so long as the rules are followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi, thanks for the reply, I think I know the stuff you're talking about but I don't think it's the stuff he's talking about, as far as I know, it doesn't expand at all, it's just a normal spray, like a deodrant would be, but whatever it is insulates and fireproofs. He said I would probably get it in a fabric shop more likely than anywhere else...

Advertisement