Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PC] PC League PICK WHO WANT TOO WHINEY LITTLE %&*%&^

Options
  • 01-12-2005 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Democracy rocks!!!!

PLease understand the choices before picking.

Poll will close in 5 days , this will be the team slection rules of the league.

I would prefer random as we are all good and it ensures decent level of competitiveness but other side is you might lose cos of crap team, so picked CRAP teams is a good bet , you can ML with them and learn to use them.

kdjac

Teams and player power 16 votes

Random Club teams and Random Power
    0% 0 votes
    Random Club teams and Green Power
    0% 0 votes
    Random Club teams and Red Power
    6% 1 vote
    Picked Club teams and Random Power
    6% 1 vote
    Picked Club teams and Green power
    31% 5 votes
    Picked Club teams and Red Power
    18% 3 votes
    Picked CRAP teams and Random Power
    12% 2 votes
    Picked CRAP teams and Green Power
    6% 1 vote
    Picked CRAP teams and Red Power
    18% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Random of course! And stick to a permanent team bar the top10 i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ok, well I'd like to be Ireland on full uppers, is that red power so? How do you change player condition in PES5 by the way??? hehe. So I think that's "picked crap team on red power".

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

No Surprise folks! I'd like everyone to be able to pick their team but, id like to exclude (utd, chelsea, arsenal, pool , bayern, real, barca, ac, inter, and juve) in the club teams.

Maybe we need a separate thread to decide if we pick clubs or nations!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i reckon you should be able to pick any team you want including countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The events are setup as either Club or Country, Club gives a better option as there are more of them.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd like total control over who I can pick.

You pick the etam whatever match you want, and you can change teams throughout if you so desire.

Red power means that only first 11 counts, so it evens out the playing field a bit between teams like say Chelsea and teams like Barca(who aren't great in depth)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

PHB wrote:
    I'd like total control over who I can pick.

You pick the etam whatever match you want, and you can change teams throughout if you so desire.

Red power means that only first 11 counts, so it evens out the playing field a bit between teams like say Chelsea and teams like Barca(who aren't great in depth)

changing teams as you go is idiotic! should be one team throughout.

Id prefer whatever CLUB team you want but im not too pushed about playing with crap teams. One thing that would anoy me is if we play with all green! It should be random! More realisitc. Some players are more consistant in their form...just like in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I voted for crap teams and random power (I presume the "power" is the mood of the player?)

Games with crap teams are more fun as defences are rubbish, with big gaps at the back. Guarantees lots of goals. Count me in for the league btw ;)

Cerdito wrote:
    I voted for crap teams and random power (I presume the "power" is the mood of the player?)

Games with crap teams are more fun as defences are rubbish, with big gaps at the back. Guarantees lots of goals. Count me in for the league btw ;)

Then sign up, theres a thread in this forum for the sign up.

KDJAC - May I make a suggestion. You should have seperate polls. One for the type of teams that will be picked and one for the form of the players. Makes alot more sense that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Can use this just, all bases covered, just add the corospondin options up each time.

• Advertisement

Berns wrote:
    Can use this just, all bases covered, just add the corospondin options up each time.

aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

When is this poll closing so we can actually to get the business of picking teams? If picking midtable teams, id like to use Fernando Tor....i mean...Athletico Madrid. :)

5 days from date of 1st post i think thats what it says in the original post....oh yes it does say 5 days..... ;p

Looks like we using the teams we picked from the original thread.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Using pre-picked teams, which can only be picked once, is the most unfair system.

It means that because you happened to be online, you get that team ahead of other people for no particular reason.
    There is no reason why you can't have Real Madrid playing Real Madrid.

If you let people pick their teams, then they are picking the team that they are best with, and it is most fair.

I dont see why changing teams throughout is idiotic, infact you didnt give a reason, except that it was idiotic.

Its a game of skill, thats why we all play PES and not FIFA.
    Skill involves having equal teams, and since we aren't going to enforce all people playing one team, since we all like different skills, it is only logical that we should all get to pick the teams.
    If you want to enforce a one team picked rule, meaning you can't change, I can kinda understand that, and it means that people can't adjust to other players which is ok.
    But to enforce either
    - Pre-picked teams, that only one can select
    OR
    - Random teams
    which could mean you have the worst team vs. the best

Is not about skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I havent picked a team yet, and its more than likely all the top teams are gone.
    I'd prefare if we stuck with middle of the road teams or teams very near all equal.
    The difference in picking a team with a much higher skill advantage makes a HUGE difference.
    Since the league table is just on our names, and not teams we play with, why not pick near level or even the same team as the opposition for each match?
    I dont see what so wrong about that.
    If anything, perhaps have around 3 teams you like and ready to use (world class / middle / crap) with your own formation etc..

have teams been assigned to us or what? Where? How about we all just pick Ireland? I still haven't picked anyone else but Ireland on pro evo 5, was playing 4 the other night with friends, it's sooo easy to score with a good team.

Yeah I think that it looks that the picked teams option looks like it might win the poll, but its going to hard to make it fair on everyone. As whiskeyman says, the difference between the top teams and the poorer teams is huge. I'm not sure if changing teams between matches is great either though! I thought the option of leaving out the top 10 teams and allowing everyone pick from the rest was a good option. I know in the poll its listed as crap teams, but i think this might be a little misguiding!! You could still pick from clubs like liverpool, lazio, valencia etc. I think that would be a fair way of deciding which teams are chosen!!! Anyway, whats the story for tonight? I think maybe a descision on which teams are to be used should be made and a new thread be made to define the criteria, with everyone contacting the administrator of the league to register their team. we could then release some kind of fixture list e.t.c. I see there are 18 teams registered for the league but 15 for the cup! are there people who only want to play in the league? or are they aware of the cup being set up??

I say we all just pick the same team actually. I wouldn't have a problem with that at all and if you really want a good way of judging our skill I think that's the best way.

Not a bad Idea Cormie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^^ sounds good alright.
    Probably best pick a middle-ish side.
    Perhaps all pick someone like Ireland the whole way though.
    All that we need to decide is what fitness level... red / green or random?
    Going by the above, it's probably best keep 'em all in top condition to keep game settings as level... and just let actual player skill (eh, flukeyness I mean) win out in the end.

• Advertisement

yeah, I'd deffo be up for everyone picking Ireland and on the same (good) condition, ok, it kind of takes away the realism of the game, but it is a computer game after all, and it's still gonna be fun:)

bah deomcracy sucks.

kdjac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement