Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed on ram

Options
  • 01-12-2005 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I have a second desktop that I want to do up for a friend. I want to put more ram into the computer. It is a Packard Bell. I am going to get the ram at the weekend, at the moment there is only 256mb I think. Anyway, how would I go about installing ram, how do I put it in the computer. Any ideas where I can get some cheap.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Post the comps model number range etc and someone will have no problem helping you.

AT the mo it's very hard :o)

Inqui

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

www.shop4memory.com would be a good place to start - they have a memory configurator so you get an exact match.

the PB website should have a instructions on how to do this.

NB. since you will have to open the case to put the RAM in, why not open it beforehand so you can see exactly how many slots are free.

Advertisement