Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence Of The Lambs Question

Options
  • 01-12-2005 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

If anyone has'nt seen the film please don't look as this might give away some of the plot:

SPOILER*** does anyone know how in Silence Of The Lambs when Lector is chained to the trolly thing he gets the pen that is on the table, which he later uses to free himself? I've always wondered as it does'nt tell in the film and I've asked people who have read the book and they don't know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

He didn't 'get' the pen. Chilton left the pen on Lecters cot and when Lecter finally decided to talk about 'Louis....' Chilton was so exicted to inform the senator about this breakthru that he just plain forgot about the pen in the rush to get out of the cell and onto a telephone.

I have read the book years ago but I also can't remember if they go thru how Lecter gets the pen. It's not really important anyway. In the film it's clearly implied that it was just left there for him thru Chiltons neglegence and that there was no real effort required on Lecters part to gain acquisition of it. I think it's also implied that Lecter was only giving Chilton this clue precisely to make him lose focus and rush out of the room.

BTW, Imdb message boards is sometimes a good spot to find answers to q's like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Cheers Pigman, will try Imdb as it is an important aspect in the film. The pen was left on the table, Lector was chained, was a few feet from the table, yet he uses this pen to get free. Its bugging me now I'm off to imdb.

Advertisement