Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant Connect to oponent

Options
  • 01-12-2005 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Can anyone help when i select a game to play the screen goes blank and after a while a msg appears on the screen saying"Cant connect to oponent" (or words to that effect) i have only just managed to configure my router to connect, and now this i'm going bald at this stage

Sorry its for the PS2

Manys Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It's still a router problem, its blocking you from conecting with your opponent for some reason.

What version Firmware are you running, sounds like it may need updating.

Mine is: Software Version 7.3.3r0

To find that out just click on "Expert Mode" and it'll be in the info in the top box.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

Yes i am running different firmware

do you recomend updating it ?

will there be any side affects if i do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Cant imagine much of a problem, it's always good to have the latest firmware.

Saying that, I dont even know if mine is up to date, but its working fine for what I need it to, so I've no need to upgrade.......yet. ;)

Ok ill try that later

Thanks

i allready have the latest firmware on my router its 7.4.2r2 my router is a3347NWG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

ye im havin the same problem as u. its been like that for a few weeks now but to be honest i havent really been tryin to fix it too much cos i dont want to mess somethin up.

Do you have the same router and firmware as i do cause i have sorted it out now if you need to know

yes i do have the same router and firmware. some help would be very very much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Search is now available.

Search this forum for any posts by "Dar83".

He has posted how tos a few times.

kdjac

seriously i need help with this problem and ive been lookin at it for a while and it seems to be happening to people with this router, i would really like to know what u did because nothing else appears to work

• Advertisement

You need to select a satic nat you do this in the configer menu in your routers home page then you have to turn off your routers firewall its should work then the only downside is that you wont be able to use the internet on you PC (if you have one) i dont know why this is though i'm still trying to sort it out

Hope this works for you

Sorry for the delay

thanks very much!, sorry about being kinda pushy i just wanted to make sure the thread wasnt forgotten about. i'll try to see myself if theres any way of using the pc too

just if it helps any u dont need to completely turn the firewall off u just need to put it on low. my internet still works but i dont think its a good idea to leave it like that. thanks again its actually working and its great

Thanks ill change it to low

Advertisement