Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANyone want to share a rehearsal space?

Options
  • 01-12-2005 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi, was thinking about co-renting a rehearsal space like a warehouse or something with another band and wondered if anyone would be interested. Would be looking to rent in Dublin, preferably somewhere near the northside but not that fussy. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rootjuse70

i would be interested in principal. or rather would be interested to see how much it costs and how feasible it is?

I am from the northside too and the rest of the lads in the band are from there also.

it would be nice to have our own rehearsal space alright....

so yeah i would definitely be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Bitsie

ok cool, well ill research it and see what i can come up with. do you have an e-mail address or something to contact you or send you information on places i might be looking at?

well i am looking at somehwhere to rent which would be about €600-€650 per month. thats €300 per band , which for us becasue there are 5 of us, means paying about €60 each a month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Devinho

Don't forget the lecky and the heating. Unless you can get that included in the rent?

yeah, still not bad though considering we would easily spend that on rehearsal studios each month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 rootjuse70

how often would you guys be thinking about using it?

also would soundproofing of said room have to be done?

i am still interested though.

you can mail me at rootjuse70@yahoo.com

yeah we would have to soundproof but maybe able to get some deals on that. we can work out what band does what days if we get somewhere. like 3 days each or something like that. ill mail you anyway.

Specially if you can fulfill both bands' needs and pool resources (PAs, etc.)

Devinho, are you just here to point out all the downfalls!! ;-)

Nah, I think it's a great idea - but it's worth thinking through all the ramifications and then making sure both bands know exactly what the conditions are. I'd get the agreement in writing if you don't want to be stiffed for the rent if people bail.

Love to hear how it goes though, I'd be interested in doing something similar.

Dev

• Advertisement

no bother ill let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I did this about 2 years ago we rented out a school hall a couple of nights a week....the first thing you have to sort out is insurance,alot of places are only insured to a certain time or for a certain thing......like say a bit of the roof fell on ya while you were playin....the insurance company would have a fieldday...yeah the roof fell on him while he was rehearsing with his band...what was he doin there in the first place....thats the kinda crap we got...we got public liability insurace for the year on the place cost close to 600 quid we paid it between us from gigs etc and ended up using the place only a couple of times because the sound in the place was ****e!! big open spaces not good for rehearsing in..look for smoewere small and compact

Advertisement