Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair Play Limerick FC

Options
  • 01-12-2005 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

I see that Limerick FC have increased their average attendances by 254.95% to (an admittedly small) 669 per game. While is quite a low figure it's a vast improvement on previous years, and hopefully a sign that Limerick FC are finally moving in the right direction. It was the second highest average in the first division.

It'd be good to see Limerick sustain a push for the premier division next year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya the lads there seem to been doin a good job, lets hope it will keep
    going into the next season and fight for promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

The crowds are that small?!

The are a lots of GAA club games that get attendances of thousands but don't get anything like the same press attention. I wish the local soccer crowd well but considering all the people that watch English soccer in pubs, it's shocking that so few follow the local game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It's an improvement on last year, to be honest I wouldn't go to a game purely to see the football on show, it's about getting together with mates, a good way to start the evening. That being said there must be a huge unexploited market for Limerick FC.
    Anyone know what kind of crowds Limerick's basketball team gets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Most of the soccer support in the city is actually for junior clubs. The likes of Pike, Fairview, Boro, Balla etc would have no problem getting a much bigger crowd than Limerick FC for a big game. It's a pity these people don't go to see their local LOI team as well.

True, we've some of the best junior clubs in the country, I wonder why it doesn't translate into the Limerick FC side?

• Advertisement

Limerick teams of the past had great crowds going to games in the
    days we played in the markets field, but alot of people turned against
    Limerick FC money was going missing and all that so alot of people just
    dont go anymore.

Here are some famous Limerick F.C games
    1960 EC Young Boys Berne (H - Thomond Park) 0-5 (A) 2-4
    1965 CWC CSKA Sofia (H - Dalymount Park) 1-2 (A) 0-2
    1971 CWC Torino (H- Thomond Park) 0-1 (A) 0-4
    1980 EC Real Madrid (H - Lansdowne Road) 1-2 (A) 1-5
    1981 UEFA Southampton (H - Markets Field) 0-3 (A) 1-1
    1982 CWC AZ Alkmaar (H - Markets Field) 1-1 (A) 0-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Anyone know what kind of crowds Limerick's basketball team gets?

Well I'm not too sure (i'm bad at estimating crowds, and spelling!) but its always more than 100 ... but never more than ... say 500! Because they can hold 1000 but they need the second stand, which they never pull out, i'd say average would be between 150-350 ppl! Burt its growing year on year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should be a big crowd when Rovers roll into town next season, looking forward to it and three points ;)

Should be a big crowd when Rovers roll into town next season, looking forward to it and three points ;)

Im with ya on that one cant wait....:v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Well my first trip to a soccer match was this season, i went along to the last two home games, first match wasn't great, the second was a cracker. I went along on the Free Buses services offered by Kelly Travel, which is an excellent initiative, and i hope it continues next year. I went along with a friend who had gone before, and mayb next year we can bring a bit of crowd along.

My friend was complaining about the jersey and was putting the point across that all the Limerick teams should wear green, which is a good idea in itself, but i reckon the Limerick Fc jersey is decent anyways. They used to be on sale in Limerick Sports Store on William Street, sickened i didn't get one now.

I woulld have got one only for the sponser on the
    front big fek off asian harvest thing. ruins the jearsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

It was the second highest average in the first division.

This is crap , dundalk fc and sligo rovers had the highest attendance for a first divison club and more then some prem clubs , i think galway were next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

where are these figures from Sarge, I heard Galway were really suffering attendance wise this season

I gotta admit i would say thatteams like sligo and dublin city
    would be getting better crowds then at hogan park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

radioman wrote:
    where are these figures from Sarge, I heard Galway were really suffering attendance wise this season

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=396187&postcount=1383

I was basing my figures on the link posted by klong.

Advertisement