Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avg--zonealarm question..

Options
  • 30-11-2005 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

my mates been using his pc on the net with no antivirus or firewall,he's now having some pc problems,i said i'd try an help him out, iwas going to install avg antivirus and zonealarm and spybot, my question is ,as he is only using 56k dialup the downloads will take ages, can i download these programms onto cd from my pc and then install them on his as i have broadband?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

Yeh, of course you can, i would recommend AVG for free download.

He can check if it is a virus by:
    Start>run>type msconfig and click ok> select selective startup>untick load startup items and select apply and close.

the computer reboots and if the computer is still having the same problems, it's not a virus.

Simply reverse the steps to start it back normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

cheers;;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

No probs, keep us posted.

If it doesn't work post another thread with more details on the error's or problems he is haviong.

Advertisement