Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap sys specs

Options
  • 30-11-2005 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Anygood for a CHEAP gaming system (budget is 450 or less)

AMD Athlon Sempron 64 2600 $158.64
    Abit KU8
    512MB Corsair PC3200

Asus TA-210 Series Midi Tower(Black)
    360W PSU $50.65

Sony CRX320E 52x32x52x16 (Black) $33.76

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 80GB $50

Sapphire ATI Radeon X700 128MB DDR(AGP) $81

Logitech Ultra-X Optical Mouse $15

Total: $390

with a 17" moniter it's: $484.45

I already have a moniter though so I'll be going wiith the first price tag. The mobo, cpu and ram are a bundle so that can't be improved :( and I like that tower.

Now the real question will it be able to run BF2/HL2 at any decent level?

All components are from Overclockers.co.uk and do not include delivery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Why do you have prices down in dollars, typo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 holeyshoe

I dont have a euro key and am too lazy to do anything about it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭spitfier

ascii 128 ftw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i dont think it will play them at a "decent" level.

Sempron will let u down, but it s good for a rig that cheap, try get a better cpu though

tbh, he's got bigger worries than the sempron as far as games performance goes. The X700 (non pro) is gonna be on a par with a 9700, probably even less.

For gaming the sempron is as fast as an A64 one speed grade below it, so i'd say it'd be plenty, considering how far the gfx card will hold him back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 holeyshoe

I could get a better gfx card but that would bumb the preice into the mid 400's, unless you know where I can get a cheap x700pro

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=314595&cks=PRL If you could find a DDR2 6600 similar to this one for a good price, it's as good as a 6600GT. Hardocp reviewed one and it overclocked to above a 6600GT, IIRC.

Komplett's price aint great, but its RRP is $99 in the states so maybe theres other places around here selling them at closer to the $100 mark. Should really give the X700 a thorough beating with some overclocking. Then again, you really do just have to stop yourself at some point when you have a budget.

I'd say youve got a pretty perfect balance of spending on the different components in that system.

Advertisement