Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which strings?

Options
  • 30-11-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

just wondering which strings you guys find the best for the electric and acoustic guitar and where the're chepest?my preferance is daddario(seem to be the best for breaking in),sick of paying nearly tenner a pop,surely the're cheaper somewhere on the net or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, I don't like D'Addario at all myself, I prefer Ernie Ball. I did a bulk buy from Thomann during the summer when I was buying my V-Amp Pro, and got a big pile of strings, which worked out at €6.30 each I think.

I know some people got webstrings before, but I've never gotten any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

D'Addario Electric Heavy Jazz Gauge (.13's) for €8.00 are a good deal in my book. I nearly got charged €14.00 for the same strings in McCullough Piggots!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

http://www.lordofthestrings.com/
    http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/
    http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/

and speaking of strings what about this gauge 9-48? Its a new one on me anyway. That's like a combo of 9s and 11s. "Heavvy Metal" Gauge Mojo strings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

house of music in cork has daddarios for a fiver a pop. tahts pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cheap sheep

I usually go for Martin med gauge for the oul acoustic, get them at €5.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Rancidmaniac13

I used to use D'addario strings but I found myself having to change them a lot. I tried a set a ernie balls and they definately last longer, feel and sound really good too. I got a load of strings from www.stringbusters.com. Really cheap and fast delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

i'm gonna vouch for Elixirs.. cost more but last so much longer that they're worth it in the long run!

light heavys.. 10's to 52's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

cheers for the advice lads,appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I used to use D'addario strings but I found myself having to change them a lot. I tried a set a ernie balls and they definately last longer, feel and sound really good too. I got a load of strings from www.stringbusters.com. Really cheap and fast delivery.
    FWIW FastFret is quite good for reducing the black gunk you find under the unwound strings. Even if you dont put it on very often is seems to reduce the the build-up of that stuff.

Advertisement