Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Restaurant for Tramore..?

Options
  • 30-11-2005 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone heard this ?
    Spend alot of time there, twould be good to have something new. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭JMcL

Bookee wrote:
    Wondering if anyone heard this ?
    Spend alot of time there, twould be good to have something new. Thanks.

In Queen St opposite the Vic. We ate there last night, good food, nice place, and not overly expensive.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

..Ah, where Hartleys was. Great, thanks alot! Nice to have somewhere new.
    Others all a bit tired looking.
    :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I actually got mixed responces from this new restraunt. Some people say they cant cope due to lack of staff - others say the service wasnt that great anyway.

Did hear a lot of good talk about it though :D

Hartleys got closed down by Health and Safety, and I can see why too. Best not go into any detail.

Go on. Go into detail...?!!

Was in Sage's Tues night. V. impressed. It's not Coast, but certainly best of the rest...!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BEEMER

There's a nice one near the Garda Station called Asilla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

What kind of food do they do?

Steaks, sefood, etc. Although it's been a while since I was in there. It's fairly reasonably priced.

That place has gone down hill over the past couple of months. Was in there 6/7 weeks ago, and served by a guy with Big hair, Big Moustache & Big gold chain(really) ! Wouldn't have been so bad but he didn't seem to know much about veggie food, and struggled to recommend a btl of plonk...! Place could have done with a good clean. I'll stick to Sage's, and Coast when I'm in the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Bookee wrote:
    That place has gone down hill over the past couple of months. Was in there 6/7 weeks ago, and served by a guy with Big hair, Big Moustache & Big gold chain(really) ! Wouldn't have been so bad but he didn't seem to know much about veggie food, and struggled to recommend a btl of plonk...! Place could have done with a good clean. I'll stick to Sage's, and Coast when I'm in the money!

As far as I know, he actually does a lot of the cooking and at that, he's very good! I dont mind if he knows nothing about wine, once the steak comes along in good shape.

I do agree that Asilla has slipped recently though. You can see that it started when they did the early bird, which looked lazy.. and then it started to spread to the normal food.

I'll be going back over christmas though.. so I'll report back!

Last time we were there we had a foreign guy serve us who was brilliant. Knew everything about the food & wine, and was easy on the eye too!! Maybe you were just unlucky Bookee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

BEEMER wrote:
    Last time we were there we had a foreign guy serve us who was brilliant. Knew everything about the food & wine, and was easy on the eye too!! Maybe you were just unlucky Bookee.

He owns Assilla. He knows a lot about food and wine, and he's chatty without interrupting any conversations that are going on at the table. Its a pity that the standard seems to have slipped a bit in the past while, when I went first about 2 years ago, It was fantastic.

Apparently he left, about 5/6 months ago... Heard the 'chef' was in partnership with him, but that he didn't want to cook anymore. Thought he could do a better job in the restaurant, so the Foreign guy decided to leave. Also heard the chef's 1st offer to him was €50,000..!! (??)
    So that explains all of the above, if the rumours are true.
    Also heard the 'Foreign guy' moved back to Switzerland to teach in the hotel school where he studied !
    :cool:

Advertisement