Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting gigs

Options
  • 29-11-2005 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what you do to get gigs, do i just hand cd's into a load of pubs and get a website up and running. whats the best way? cheers :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Play well, and get a fan base... simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭selephonic

Problem there is that to gather a fan base people need to hear the music.

The things you can do are:

- Get a demo recorded and have it available to download from websites including your own and places like cpu.ie.

- Go to gigs and give your CD to bands ask them for support slots

- try to play multi band nights but beware of anyone who asks for you to pay anything to play/sell tickets to your crowd. Keep a check on the web and reply to any band looking for support slots.

Most of the support gigs we play are with friends, as are most of our support bands when we headline, so get out there and become well known to other bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Pretty much what sel said.

What my band did was ask another band who had been gigging for 6 months or so and ask them to play with them. After your gig (presuming its successful), talk to people and get contact details. Thats for getting started.

Maybe leave recording a demo until youve played 5-10 gigs, which by then you should hand CDs (a minimum of 2 songs should be ok) into venues and wait for responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

There are numerous organisations assisting bands around Dublin at the moment, NEVER PAY TO PLAY A GIG in this town regardless of what you are promised. best thing to do is probably get a decent recording done, align yourself with a like minded band and go rent a venue and split the costs.

Good luck,

Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭christopher

actually my band FranticA got a gig in eamon doran's pretty easily. you pay them 150 and you keep what you get at the door. we made 250 in profit after paying them.

i think the guy's name is Trevor, ask at the bar and they'll give you his number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 SuperfiendAOK

hey bitsie,

contact Onward promotions on 0879741329, they're always lookin for bands to do gigs. tell em' scott gave you the number.

Advertisement