Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominate and Vote for a new mod!

Options
  • 29-11-2005 6:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

I nominate Athiest for obvious reasons, most of the spiritual groups have someone who is a proponet of it aswell as T and G to keep a more regular eye on things

so can we nominate second vote object, install etc... Athiest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I myself don’t actually feel there is a need for an additional mod at this stage, a charter would be nice (gandalf could do that if we pm him), but to be honest most posters know what is acceptable and what is not.

But since you're putting names forward I'd add the following for consideration in no particular order pH, Tar.Aldarion and Nerf in addition to the Atheist.

I'd also submit Excelsior and Hobbes who both do excellent jobs with respect facilitating discussion on the Christian and Islam forums and would certainly do a similar job here. They may of course not be interested in the addition workload.

Don’t let the fact that these are religion specify forums put you off, Hobbes is after all not a Muslim.

Keep in mind that the job of the moderator is not to push a given agenda but to ensure reasonable and civilised discussion can take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I would like to see someone who is not a mod get the chance to learn how to be one. Apart from this desire, I would put Tar.Aldarion and the Atheist in the draw. I trust both to be objective.
    The fat, navel contemplating, bald one has spoken:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've always been more Ska, than Mod... but people can change. :D

Not just returning the favour but Asiaprod you are a spiritual journeyman! And Excelsior (if interested) is a great mod. Though whether it would be too left-field for the a Christian mod to mod this forum is another question.

Just a charter would be good too, though it amuses me to note regulars on a agnostic/atheism board agreeing we need some sort of "rules" - even if they are mainly for visitors...

Not just returning the favour but Asiaprod you are a spiritual journeyman!

Thank you for your confidence in me:eek:
    it amuses me to note regulars on a agnostic/atheism board agreeing we need some sort of "rules" - even if they are mainly for visitors...

Yes that did raise a giggle from me, those without rules seeking rules. What is the world coming too, at all, at all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i think if you don't want 3 mods one could remove one of the two that are already modding numerous forums already, and add somone who hasn't modded before, like happened recently in the craft forum.

I looked around at other forums and couldn't find anything special about the charters beyond DON'T TROLL/DON'T ABUSE POSTERS (AND TRY NOT TO BELITTLE THEIR BELIEFS). that's the rule(s)

I'd be happy with TAR.al too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The Athiest seems appropriate under the circumstances....
    are you up to the challenge of behaving yourself Mr. Athiest?
    it's more difficult than you think ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

It would be ironic if Athesist is made mod, goes mad with the power and then starts to believe he is actually a god ... well i would chuckle

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Wicknight wrote:
    It would be ironic if Athesist is made mod, goes mad with the power and then starts to believe he is actually a god

yes
    but I can make him disappear forevar
    what does that make me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Beruthiel wrote:
    yes
    what does that make me?

Santa claus...?

If I've learnt anything from these boards (and I haven't) it's that Mods are chosen by the Mysterious Lord of Ones and Zeros, whose digital presence was uploaded before time began... i.e. this isn't a democracy.

But for the record I'd happily give it a go.

And Wicknight - you won't be chuckling when your crops fail for a third year and your herd gives forth no offspring!! :eek: Mock ye NOT!

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    yes
    what does that make me?

A Godgess? :eek:

Well Atheist, It was your wish to have this board, are you up it?;)

Asiaprod wrote:
    Well Atheist, It was your wish to have this board
    I may have posted the request but it was our the collective voice to the Esteemed Leader that made it happen... ;)
    Beruthiel wrote:
    what does that make me?
    I guess that makes you a Mod, rather than just a demi-mod.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

But since you're putting names forward I'd add the following for consideration in no particular order pH, Tar.Aldarion and Nerf in addition to the Atheist.
    lol at nerf(only funny because it's a gaming term I guess..)
    anyway,
    Nesf is what you want there.(:

I think a regular user that would be objective and would keep the discussion on track without pushing an agenda as rev said is warranted. Well I think one or two of the following would make a good choice.
    Nesf, The Atheist, Asiaprod and rev( although he would have to watch his wording a bit :))
    Thanks for the vote of confidence in me btw.
    He doesn't seem to read here but also, when discussing atheism on the spirituality board, stevenmu seemed like a decent mod if he is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

lol at nerf

I think the polite thing would be for nesf to have their name changed and thus save me any embarrassment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

The Atheist added as mod.

Cloud wrote:
    The Atheist added as mod.
    :eek:

Wow thanks for the nod, Cloud!
    (And those fellow heathens with their votes of confidence).
    Should be a quiet job in here. ;)

Now, back to business as usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Remember, the only reason for accepting the inconveniences of responsibility is to have the power to reward your friends and punish your enemies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

thanks cloud we now no longer worship you, or anyone else

be a benevolent atheist atheist

is within your corporeal power move my no seriously thread back to sprituality?

Remember, the only reason for accepting the inconveniences of responsibility is to have the power to reward your friends and punish your enemies :D
    One more comment like that and you're out!
    is within your corporeal power move my no seriously thread back to sprituality?
    With great power comes great responsibility... but no instruction manual.

Mod hats aside - going to address your request in your original thread for the sake of relevance.
    This one has kind of run it's course.

With great power comes great responsibility... but no instruction manual.

Love the 4 stars, congradulations.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

:eek:

Wow thanks for the nod, Cloud!
    (And those fellow heathens with their votes of confidence).
    Should be a quiet job in here. ;)

Now, back to business as usual...
    you should have PM'ed him a while ago, it's what is needed to get things done.

Bows before new leader.
    Do you want your idol in gold or silver?

Advertisement