Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Ryans closing on Wednesday.

Options
  • 29-11-2005 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Only weeks after one 24 hour shop in the city centre closing, After 50 years at Punches Cross, Dan Ryans (as it is better known) or chawkes (what it is called now) is pulling the shutters down on wednesday, more then likely to make way for another feckin hotel, We are going to end up with more Hotels than Lourdes the way we are going and not not even a moving statue to be found, let alone an aparition.

Statoil on the dock road will be the nearest 24 hour shop to the city centre now.

of course, fewer garages in town means higher prices at the pump.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Ya Dan Ryans and john Moloney's have been sold to a devloper, for a large amount of money. There are plans for apartments + house's and possibly some retail/office units.
    I have heard john Moloney's alone whent for €5.5M, how true that is i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

John Maloney is moving his dealership out near B&Q on the Tipperary Road. There must be tax incentives or something for car dealers as O'Mara Motors on the Ennis Road are moving out there too.

Regarding the Dan Ryan's site, I think it is a good idea to redevelope it, the only thing is that Punche's Cross junction is a nightmare, maybe they can now try and improve it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

What will we do without the shortcut through the garage it was awful handy and must contain some of the most battered yellow and black speed bumps in the city

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

As a kid I remember going out to Dan Ryans to collect our new (to us) car. We bought a good few at Moloneys as well. They were sound people.

Advertisement