Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cresent Shopping Cnetre Extension

Options
  • 28-11-2005 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Does anyone know what new shops are opening up in the extension.

I know ZARA, Next, Virgin Megastore, H&M have opened bit does anyone have any ideas what else.

What other shops would be good additions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Was wondering the same thing.

Would be nice to see the Shopping centre grow up as well as out too.
    I thought Virgin may have an upstairs like Elverys did.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

after the ones you named it seems to be only able to hold two more shops
    seems a bit of a waste considering the amount of time it took
    only one that interests me in virgin megastores
    i look through the shutters its huge but theres no upstairs
    theyve all the stock already

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most of the shops in the new extension have the facility to have an upper floor too. Virgin are using the upstairs as a stock/store room as far as I know. I think they open up this Thursday.

I think there are still about 6 units not occupied yet in the new section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Was in the Virgin Megastore the other day, its pretty feckin sweet. Got the Godfather trilogy on DVD for €35. And i like that addict card thing they are doing too.

Melion wrote:
    Was in the Virgin Megastore the other day, its pretty feckin sweet. Got the Godfather trilogy on DVD for €35. And i like that addict card thing they are doing too.
    i thought it wasnt opening until tomorrow
    but they did have the stock in last saturday so i suppose your right

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Dunno man, all the posters said Dec 1st. Was in there on Sunday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

The official opening is Thursday (tomorrow) with special guest appearance Keith Duffy.
    Oh why did they have to have it during school/working hours?? I wont be able to see him now and get an autograph and pic (sarcasm if you didnt notice)

oh ya sure didnt hmv have tommy tiernan last weekend sorry i missed that
    ill probably be going into the cresent on saturday
    theres so much more to do there lately
    loads of new shops especially in the older area which up until recently was fairly crap imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭AliasFan47

I heard a Tommy Hillfiger shop is definately opening.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I was behind a bus the other day and it was advertising Mahon Point and it had that MP was the largest shopping centre in Munster - surely the Crescent beats this hands down even before the extensions (i.e in its original size) ?

• Advertisement

funny you mention that because i seen a ad on a phone box for mahon point in limerick city today!how strange
    anyway i agree ive been to both the mahon and he cresent and i definetely believe that the cresent is way bigger with a lot more shops but mahon is laid out way better but the shops are to small imo
    look at the jean scene in mahon and the jean scene in the cresent and you will notice that the one in limerick is about 4 times bigger (seriously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

ya... google it! Its not that big!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

and when coonagh cross is built i think it will be the biggest in munster, well it looks huge from the plans ive seen

Limerick Dude?? ... WTF? ... Whats going on, thats almost MY name!?!!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Limerick Dude?? ... WTF? ... Whats going on, thats almost MY name!?!!?!

not even nearly , that guy is a 'dude' , you , are just an ordinary 'man'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

lol its actually 'spinalsly' if ya remember me its just that i deleted my cookies on my pc, couldnt remember my password and the old email that i had spinalsly registered no longer existed so i had to register again!

glad to be back though :)

glad to have u back! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

River island, monsoon and tommy hilfiger will complete the lineup in the crescent, was really dissapointed that the virgin megastore decided to open up out there, it would have been a great addition to the city centre and badly needed too, for years big reitailers were complaining about the lack of space in the city centre, thats not the case anymore, theres piles of new development going on, the carlton site wheres theres 6 or 7 new units, theres massive plans for the old savoy site, a 4/5 star hotel and 14 shop units on the bedford row side, theres also the royal george site where theres going to be a large retail space on the first 2 floors, there was big rumours that virgin were goin to move in there, its a pity they didnt!,theres also a new shopping street proposed between shannon st and bedford row. Places like the crescent and all these planned shopping centres such as coonagh cross are killing the city centre, there such souless places,once you've seen 1 you've seen em all,id prefer shopping in the city any day! A city is nothing without a vibrant centre and with such high rates ours in in serious trouble!

Advertisement