Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers.co.uk anyone experience of their Delievery service?

Options
  • 28-11-2005 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Decided to give myself an early xmas prestent and build a new system and have ordered a Stacker case, motherboard, Graphic card and few other bits from them. The delivery option was Parcelforce 48 which promises delivery within 2 working days, just wondering if anyone has any experience of this service? Is it SDS who deliver here for them or some no name courier have you received any packages damaged from them?

Just looking for advice as I need to arrange time off to be there for collection.

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the royal mail service gets delivered by the post man.

Parcelforce is delivered by GLS.

both options i have used and take 48 hours from date of shipping, even for GLS that is good, as my experiences using GLS with komplett.ie aren't as good.
    i don't know why though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

usually takes 2-3 days, they shipped an order for me last week on tuesday and it was here friday afternoon.

Stacker case is very nice btw =) Biggest problem I had with it however, was that the usb/firewire connectors were quite tight when attached to the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Used them a few times, no real problems with deliveries either. As long as it takes less than a week im happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

jozi wrote:
    Used them a few times, no real problems with deliveries either. As long as it takes less than a week im happy enough

yeh i used them a few times and never had anything damaged, should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Same as the guys above no problem. But a bit pricy to deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well for 32 Euros Delivery Charge I expect them to have the delivery here at latest Thursday.

Thanks for your inputs lads.

Cheers

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yup 3 days max,delivered by postman :)

:v:
    CC

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

yup no problems here

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

God i must just be unlucky!

I ordered my system form overclockers and komplett

overclockers Parclefarce and komplett DHL

I ordered for oc say on a monday by the following monday nothing. i rand the depo and they said oh yes here it is it will be going out on the van tomorrow (Wednesday) stayed in wednesday and nothing. "Oh yes it never left" they said. :confused: So then on friday the van arrived with a parcel that was from a ebay item i forgot i even bought it was that long ago. I asked the driver about the other parcels oh yes hea said hopefully tomorrow. anyway 3 weeks it took.

when i got my parts i went on to komplett at 1:32pm ordered 3 items and by 11am next day they were at my door. now i dont care if it is £20 more tahts one hell of a service! so now i dont trust PF. very anoying seeing as i live in the north too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

ordered my X1800XT this morning from them, will let you know when I get it

• Advertisement

Well Got part of the delivery today, but still waiting for my Stacker Case, Delivery man said that it might be out tomorrow and I still had to sign the electronic signature machine, but concerned based on $ausage$ post that might not see it for weeks if at all. I sent a mail straight off to Overclockers and got a response back at 4:26 to say they would look into it for me

A worried Snake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

I wouldnt worry if you got one of your items its got to be coming behind

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just to add I've ordered 3 times from them, once was a case aswell.
    Went grand everytime. With one order I even got an extra tube of artic silver when I only ordered 1 :D

Got the Case this morning at 10 to 9 :), Alls well that ends well!!!

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

got it today, so can't complain.
    now just have to count the minutes until I can go home and build it into my Rig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I got my telly card from them and was very happy with all aspects of their service!
    GLS do not deserve to still be in business. They're pig-ignorant liars and cost me a lot of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ordered stuff last thursday (~4pm), expecting tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ive ordered stuff from them in the past never had much problom

the first time i ordered tho i had a load of credit card probloms for some reason

cant rember who exactly but one company sent a package of mine to france once

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Never had any problems with broken or missing goods but a lot of hassle with actually getting the dang thing. Ended up collecting it from the depot everytime.

Advertisement