Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collaboration Musicians (Vocals / Bass) REq'd

Options
  • 28-11-2005 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Im am an experienced Guitar player, currently putting together a pile of songs that will loosely resemble an album. This is a for fun project and Im not looking to conquer the world here. I require Vocalists and Bass players I have some folks at GigSmart contributing so far but things are moving slowly so Im looking for more people who can work at a decent enough pace....

The idea is that I want to put together this album with a collaboration of musicians from all over the place, its a concept album really and I guess to some extent a bit self indulgent in that I just want to have some of the tunes Ive written complete for myself.

Essentially Im a rock guitarist and have a few tunes complete in so far as there's guitar and drums, nothing earth shatteringly amazing but sound pretty good , the quality of my recordings are decent if I do say so myself and Im looking for bass players, vocalists and maybe anyone who is willing to put keys or other samples over my material?.

This project is called "The Linus Scheme" , I'll get a website and my space up and that so I can host all the tunes sometime next year and of course everyone will be credited for the various inputs, I'll do a kinda background bio etc and a bit about how each tune came together.

Samples of some of my stuff can be found here,

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/riffcaster/index.php?artist=trev@gigsmartireland.com

Theres one complete tune on here that has already been put together with vocals bass etc. You'll find the tunes kinda cover a bit of a spectrum to some degree

Anyway if your interested , let me know, I have everything I need to record so thats not an issue, all I need is your creative input to add to my stuff.....and lets face it, its a hell of a lot less hassle than finding a band so might be worth doing as a side projedct for ya while youre waiting for the right band to join and what not?

Thanks for reading if ya got this far !

Mail me at
    Trev(at)GigSmartireland(dot)com

PS Im willing to help anyone work on their stuff too if your interested in trading tracks or whatever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

No keyboard players interested??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 sharpswifty

hey sounds interesting,
    I'm a 21 yr old singer living in dublin, and while i am in band at the moment, we've slowed to a crawl recently and i want to keep doing stuff so let me know if ya need a canadian blues singer in the mix.

oh yeah i'm quite inexperienced but full of passion.

Definitley interested, and its interesting that you mention a bluesy vibe cause one of the girls that got back to me seems to be interested in working on some up beat bluesy rock type material ......which Im very positive I can supply in spades.

In other good news also appear that Ive manageed to score a pretty enthusiastic Bass player too .....

So far I have 5 vocalists , two chaps , three ladies, expressed an interest based on what they;ve heard in the link above (i might add that material is just a sample for people to get an idea of what Im planning ),

Two Bass players

One other Guitar player

One drummer

I have seven tracks so far that I can farm out.....Im thinking that once we have drums gtrs and bass agreed I can pass them out there for people to add vocals,....when I get them back I can then look at the possibility of getting the vocalists working together on harmonies and stuff once we get to grips with everyones vibe. Im hoping everyone kinda follows through cause I think it ill be really worth while and should sound pretty rockin in the end.

I gotta say from emails and PMs Im thinking this is looking really positive, and importnatly it should be fun. I've set up the myspace thing so everyone can communicate through that too. www.myspace.com/thelinusscheme.

All the best,
    Trev

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

I'd be delighted to get involved

sent you a mail Trev

CoNoR

Thanks for the replies so far , I was giggin last night but will reply to mails this evening looking forward to this tones!

• Advertisement
Advertisement